A VERY special zumbathon is to take place in the courtyard at Merchant Square in Glasgow’s merchant city with the aim of raising £2,000 for Action for Children Scotland.
Organised in association with Time Fitness Gym, the zumbathon, on Thursday 10 March from 5pm to 8pm, has been established in the very heart of the city’s cultural, fashion and food quarter in order to maximise awareness for the charity’s cause by encouraging public participation and support for the special event.
Jenni Morrison, of Merchant City Properties, said: “Merchant Square is delighted to host this very special zumbathon for such a good cause!
“We believe the location is ideal for the zumbathon as not only will the spectators in the surrounding bars and restaurants contribute to the party atmosphere that zumba creates, but zumbathon participants can recuperate from their exertions by enjoying some much-needed refreshments afterwards!”
Carol McKinlay, fundraiser Scotland West at Action for Children Scotland, said: “This link with Merchant Square is just perfect because it is so accessible for participants whilst taking the charity’s fundraising efforts into the heart of the city centre.
“We believe all children and young people have unique potential and that they should have the support and opportunities they need to reach it.
“Help us take action for children to make a difference to the lives of children, young people and their families.”
Anyone interested in participating in Merchant Square’s first zumbathon are invited to raise sponsorship for their efforts or make a donation to take part.
Further information about how to enter the event is available from Carol at Action for Children Scotland on tel 0141 550 9024.
For further information please contact Jenni Morrison on tel 0141 552 3038
Issued on behalf of Merchant Square by Liquorice Media tel 0141 561 4018 www.liquorice-media.com
Date 2nd March 2011
Notes to editors
- The Merchant Square is Glasgow’s most vibrant venue for a worldwide selection of cafes, bars and restaurants. Located on Candleriggs, Merchant Square, once part of the old Glasgow Fruit Market, is imbued with the history of the area’s dominating Victorian architecture, although today this sense of history blends seamlessly with the distinctly cosmopolitan ambiance that pervades the surrounding cobbled streets that bring the outside in.
- Action for Children supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people, for as long as it takes to make a difference in their lives
- Action for Children works with the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people: whose families need support; are in care; who are disabled; who experience severe difficulties in their lives
- Action for Children is a national charity delivering services that respond to the local needs of children, young people, their families and communities.
- Action for Children is committed to helping children and young people as early as possible, offering long term solutions.
- Action for Children campaigns to change the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable and neglected children and young people.
- Children are at the centre of everything Action for Children does. For more information on our work, please visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Liquorice Media. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.