CHIVAS Regal, the luxury Scotch whisky and official partner of the Festival de Cannes, has today announced a new global brand partnership with the charity, FilmAid International.
The official launch celebration of the partnership took place in Chivas House on the Croisette in Cannes and was attended by FilmAid founder Caroline Baron, FilmAid president Iliane Ogilvie Thompson and long-time supporter of FilmAid and president of the jury of this year’s Festival de Cannes, Robert De Niro.
The partnership will see Chivas Regal and FilmAid working together to help, educate and inspire communities in need through the power of film. An initial donation of $100,000 (US) was made by Chivas Regal to support FilmAid projects across the world.
FilmAid International is a humanitarian organisation that harnesses the power of film to educate and bring hope to refugees and other communities in need around the globe.
Founded in 1999 during the Balkan crisis, FilmAid works in partnership with the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) and other global aid organisations to bring film and video programmes that inform, inspire and empower to more than one million people.
Chivas Regal has a history of supporting cinema, having played a starring role at many of the world’s most celebrated events. Now in its third year as Official Supplier of the Festival de Cannes, Chivas Regal continues to strengthen its position in, and commitment to, cinema.
To mark the launch, Chivas Regal commissioned Magnum Photos to create an exhibition of the work of FilmAid, a selection of which is on display in Chivas House.
James Slack, brand director, Chivas Regal, says: “The work of FilmAid is truly inspirational and we are delighted to support the amazing work they do around the world.
“The partnership aligns well with values that Chivas Regal is passionate about: brotherhood, generosity, integrity and a social awareness for the world in which we live.
“The partnership with FilmAid provides our customers with a tangible proof-point of these values while reinforcing our commitment to film and cinema whether it be here in Cannes or among some of the most needy communities in the world.”
Liz Manne, executive director of FilmAid, says: “We at FilmAid International are delighted by our new partnership with Chivas Regal.
“Their dedication to cinema makes them the perfect partner for FilmAid, which brings cinema to those most in need of the inspiration and education that film can provide.
“We look forward to developing this partnership with Chivas in the future.”
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact:
Richmond Towers Communications
For free editorial content from the FilmAid partnership launch, visit the Chivas FTP site:
- Click on the following link ftp.chivasincannes.com
- To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer, click Page, and the click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer.
- Username: Chivas
- Password: FilmAid2011
Notes to Editors
- Chivas Regal is now in its third year as official supplier of the Festival de Cannes – the most exclusive and celebrated international film festival.
- Chivas Regal’s global brand partnership with FilmAid will see Chivas Regal provide financial support to FilmAid projects across the world.
- Chivas Regal commissioned Magnum Photos photographer Dominic Nahr to shoot on location at a FilmAid project in Kenya. A selection of images were showcased at the launch event in Cannes.
About Chivas Regal
- Chivas Regal is a truly international premium Scotch whisky brand, sold in more than 150 countries, selling more than 4.2 million nine litre cases annually.
- Chivas Regal is regarded as a global luxury icon, much like the celebrated Festival de Cannes.
- In addition to Cannes, which in 2011 runs from 11th – 22nd May, Chivas Regal has historically played a starring role at many other prestigious cinema occasions, such as the BAFTA Nominees Party, The Academy Awards, Césars in France and more recently the Asian Film Awards of which Chivas Regal 25 is the red carpet sponsor.
About FilmAid International
- FilmAid International is a non-profit organisation that harnesses the power of film to reach refugees and other communities in need with messages that inspire, address critical shared needs and effect social change.
- Working in refugee camps, urban slums, disaster zones and other communities in need, FilmAid’s screenings provide a vital channel for conveying knowledge, empowerment and hope.
- FilmAid operates two on-going programmes in Kenya: the Kakuma Refugee Camp (85,000 people) on the border of Southern Sudan and the Dadaab Refugee Camp on the border of Somalia (337,000 people). These programmes serve refugees from Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Congo, Burundi and Ethiopia. FilmAid also works with challenged communities within Kenya, including the Mathare and Kibera Slums. In late 2009, FilmAid started working with Burmese refugees in Thailand, and in 2010 began work with Internally Displaced Persons in Haiti, following the devastating earthquake.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Richmond Towers/Chivas Brothers. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.