SCOTS singing sensation, Paolo Nutini, has given his backing to a Bauer Media Scotland Radio appeal to help neglected children.
The star took time out from his current tour with his band the Vipers to record an exclusive track for listeners to download – helping raise funds for neglected children.
Bauer Media Scotland has given its support to Action for Children with a fund-raising campaign triggered by the charity’s new research into child neglect.
Paolo heard about the appeal and decided to do his bit to help by recording a version of Dougie MacLean’s famous anthem, Caledonia.
Paolo said: “As a band, we’re all conscious about the things that are going on in communities across the country but that you don’t always hear about. I think if we have the time to contribute to the campaign by singing our version of Caledonia, hopefully listeners will take the time to support the appeal by downloading it. Caledonia is a lovely Scottish song, and it’s a song that makes people listen.”
All profits from the downloads of the track will go to Bauer Media Scotland’s Action on Neglect Appeal and all the money raised will go to Action For Children to benefit neglected children.
The song will be available to download from Monday October 26th from i-tunes
Issued by The BIG Partnership on behalf on Bauer Media Scotland
Notes to Editors
Cash for Kids
• The Bauer Publishing Group is a worldwide media empire operating businesses across 14 countries. Bauer Radio Ltd; part of the Bauer Publishing Group 2008, is home to a growing network of no.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK.
• The group takes a strategic approach to corporate, social responsibility and its reputation depends on effective implementation of policies and its responsibility in local, regional, national and international markets.
• Within the radio division, we are looking to bring greater focus and co-ordination to our activities and to make our CSR commitment more effective.
• We currently have 19 radio stations within the ‘big city’ portfolio, covering Scotland, Northern England and Ireland, each of which operates local charity initiatives for sick and underprivileged children; collectively we raised in excess of £5.4 million in 2008.
• It is our ambition to increase these donations to £7 million in 09 and ultimately to reach £10million by 2010.
• Bauer Radio’s Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for the network of local charities
Registered Company number 0642481 Charity Reg number 1122062
For more information log on to www.cashforkids.uk.com
Action for Children
Neglect is the persistent failure to meet a child’s basic needs, likely to result in the serious impairment of the child’s health or development. It can be harder to recognise than other forms of child abuse because it is often a symptom of other long-term and complex problems in a family rather than an easily recognisable one off event. Neglect comes in many guises. The easiest way to spot the signs is if you see things on a regular basis over a period of time, it could be a child who frequently goes hungry, regularly going to school in dirty clothes, not being taken to the doctors when ill, frequently left unsupervised and living in a dirty home.
1. Action for Children is one of the UK’s largest children’s charities working with over 156,000 children, young people and their families at around 420 projects across the UK. In Scotland we work in partnership to run more than 60 services for around 5,000 of Scotland’s most vulnerable children and young people.
2. Previously known as NCH, Action for Children is committed to helping the most vulnerable children and young people break through injustice, deprivation and inequality so they can achieve their full potential. For further information visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk
MEDIA RELEASE posted by The BIG Partnership. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Kate McCheyne
Phone: 0141 333 9585 / 07766 076 469