BAUER Media Scotland today launches the roll-out of 14 new online radio media players across the Bauer Radio Network in Scotland.
The activity is part of a planned major upgrade to Bauer Media’s existing online streaming service and will incorporate all of Bauer’s Scottish regional stations including Clyde 1 in Glasgow and the West, Forth FM in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife and Northsound in Aberdeen.
Says a spokesperson: “The new players will deliver a higher quality audio experience than the previous service, and will also be much easier for listeners to use. The advanced technology also means this new service will provide consumers with the opportunity to purchase music from the playlists of various Bauer Media stations.
“All of Bauer Media’s stations across the UK will be included in the upgrade.”
Graham Bryce, managing director, Bauer Radio Scotland, said: “The new player is a great step forward for Bauer Media’s radio brands online. It provides an easy to use interface and at the same time offers music purchase, right from within the player.”
Graham continued: “We play over 10,000 songs a day across the whole Bauer Radio Network so offering music sales directly from our player is a great opportunity to both support the music industry and bring listeners closer to our playlist.”
Bauer Media continues to focus on developing its online streaming service alongside it’s involvement with the UK Radioplayer project over the coming months, which will see all UK licensed radio station available online at one web destination.
Issued by the BIG Partnership on behalf of Bauer Media Scotland
For further information please contact:
Susanne Grant, The BIG Partnership, 0141 333 9585 / 07824 388 472 or email@example.com
BAUER MEDIA BOILER PLATE
- The Bauer Media Group is one of Europe’s largest media companies with operations in 14 countries worldwide.
- In the UK, Bauer Media reaches over nineteen million adults on air; on the page and on line every week. We are home to influential media brands spanning a wide range of interests, including heat, GRAZIA, Closer, MCN, FHM, Parker’s, MATCH, Magic 105.4, Kiss 100, Kerrang!, 4Music and the Bauer Radio Network, our growing network of best-loved commercial radio stations in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- The UK’s Bauer Radio Network is home to a growing network of no.1 commercial radio stations and reaches more than 6.1 million UK adults every week.
- Our heritage and iconic regional commercial radio stations include; Manchester’s Key 103, Liverpool’s Radio City, Sheffield’s Hallam FM, Belfast’s Downtown and Cool FM, Wave 105 on the South Coast, Clyde 1 in Glasgow and Forth One in Edinburgh.
- The Bauer Radio Network takes a strategic approach to corporate, social responsibility and operates local charity initiatives for sick and underprivileged children branded under registered charity Cash for Kids 1122062; collectively the group raised in excess of £5.8 million in 2009.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by The BIG Partnership. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.