RESIDENTS, visitors and investors can learn more about Fife courtesy of a new promotional website which went live today, Wednesday, 12 May.
www.welcometofife.com is the first in a series of initiatives designed to raise awareness of Fife as a great place for living, working, visiting and investing.
The clean, simple and easy to use website provides a visual introduction to Fife.
It contains a wealth of knowledge to make living, working or visiting Fife as easy as possible.
From details on schools and housing, to information on where to shop and what to see and do.
The site offers an overview to living in and visiting Fife. Facts on Fife’s industrial expertise, land, property, and business support provide the potential investor with a picture of Fife’s commercial capabilities.
All can be found at www.welcometofife.com or on one of the many support or partner sites linked to the portal.
This year one of the major visitor attractions to Fife will be the return of The Open Championship to St Andrews for its 150th anniversary in July.
To help plan a trip to this prestigious event, www.welcometofife.com provides access to information on transport, travel, accommodation, and things to see and do throughout your visit to Fife.
Commenting on the launch of the new website, Councillor Tony Martin, chair of Fife Council’s Environment, Enterprise & Transportation Committee, said: “This is an exciting development which will help raise awareness of Fife as a capable and confident destination for living, working, visiting and investing. For those of us who do live or work here the benefits are obvious.
“The purpose of the website is to help tell everybody else. Celebrating Fife 2010 has put Fife on the map, www.welcometofife.com will build on this ensuring that levels of awareness and understanding of Fife continue to grow through 2010 and beyond.”
Notes to Editors:
• welcometofife.com is an integral part of the Promoting Fife initiative, a destination marketing campaign designed to create a collective identity for Fife.
• The aim of the Promoting Fife initiative is to engage with residents, visitors and business communities across both public and private sectors raising awareness of Fife as a great place to live, work, visit and invest.
• The initiative has been developed by Fife Council’s Development Services Promotions and Marketing Team under the auspices of a project board and the Environment, Enterprise and Transportation Committee.
• The website was built by Fife Council’s new media team.
• Celebrating Fife 2010 is Fife’s Year of Culture. Fife Council is co-ordinating an ambitious year-long programme of events and opportunities aiming to raise awareness in Fife, Scotland and beyond of Fife’s special gifts while broadening access to and participation in cultural activities and experiences for all.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Fife Council. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Frances Chisholm
Phone: 08451 555 555 Ext 44 26 89