BAUER Media Scotland has taken the top radio spot in the country with each of its stations named commercial leader in their respective markets.
The news comes two days after Bauer’s Highland station MFR picked up the Sony Gold Award for Best Local Radio Station in the UK.
Says a spokesperson: “The RAJARS’s reveal Bauer’s combined listening figures are up from 1.7 million each week to 1.8 million – 41 per cent of the Scottish population.”
Graham Bryce, managing director of Bauer Radio Scotland, said:
“This has been a fantastic week for us, firstly picking up the Gold Sony Award for the UK’s best local radio station at MFR and now this great set of RAJAR results.
“I would like to thank our teams around the country for their hard work in helping us to achieve these figures. There is a huge amount of talent across our network and our aim is to bring the best programming to our listeners in each of the communities we serve.
“One of our key strengths is ‘localness’ and this is clearly working at our stations across Scotland where we reach an incredible 41 per cent of listeners in each area. I am also delighted that Clyde 1 has regained its market leadership with 134,000 more listeners per week than its nearest competitor.”
- Forth One reach up eight per cent and share up 22 per cent year on year – market share of 19.7 per cent
- Commercial market leader in all seven markets
- Commercial breakfast show leader in every market
- Clyde 1 is market leader overall and throughout the day from George Bowie at breakfast through to Suzie McGuire on drive-time
- Clyde 2 adding 40,000 listeners in the last quarter
- Radio Borders reaching 52 per cent of its target market
- MFR and Radio Borders are the number one and two stations in the UK in terms of both percentage reach and percentage share
For more information contact:
Kate McCheyne at The BIG Partnership on 0141 333 9585/07766076469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA RELEASE posted by The BIG Partnership. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.