GRAEME Brown, director of Shelter Scotland, the housing and homelessness charity, said:
“Shelter Scotland has long campaigned for a tenancy deposit protection scheme. This consultation offers the opportunity to develop this and we hope it will result in speedy action. We want a transparent system for deposits that is fair to both tenants and landlords alike.
“We all know of good and bad renting stories and we know of the difficulties faced by both tenants and landlords. Too often, petty disputes end in deposits being unfairly withheld without a clear way of resolving the problem.”
Notes to Editors:
1. Scottish Government consultation: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/07/29155626/0
2. Shelter Scotland, the housing and homelessness charity. Shelter Scotland believes that everyone should have a home. We help people find and keep a home. We campaign for decent housing for all.
3. Spokespeople are available for interview, telephone the media office on 0844 515 2442. An ISDN line number is available for broadcast interviews.
4. For more information about Shelter Scotland visit www.shelter.org.uk
5. Follow Shelter Scotland on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/shelterinscotland
Twitter – http://twitter.com/shelterscotland
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Shelter Scotland. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Nicola Baxter
Phone: 0844 515 2442