DUNDEE College, as part of the Interreg-funded Creative City Challenge project, is staging a three-day International App Development Conference to take place in Dundee, Scotland, from the 8th – 10th November 2010.
Supported by international input from across Europe, the conference (AppCon) is partnering with some of Scotland’s most experienced app developers and videogame studios, to provide expert guidance for the AppCon line-up of speakers, as well as providing the 48-hour AppJam game design competition with judges and mentors.
Says a spokesperson: “Scotland has one of the most diverse and successful software sectors in the world, with games including Lemmings, Grand Theft Auto, Crackdown, APB and Crackdown 2 all coming from companies within the country.”
AppCon and AppJam 2010 Scottish partners are:
* Cobra Mobile – creators of Low Grav Racer and iBomber
* Denki – creators of Denki Blocks and Juggle
* Digital Goldfish – creators of Bloons and Babygrow
* Dynamo Games – creators of Championship Manager and Soccer Tycoon
* Electric Tophat – creators of Tocco Robo and Modulo
* Fanduel – Fantasy Sports for the ADD Generation
* Ludometrics – games lab formed by ex-Games Kitchen, Slam and Denki boffin
* One Thumb Mobile – creators of the official Liverpool FC and Star Trek apps
* Realtime Worlds – creators of Crackdown & APB
* Sooper Double D – graphic design agency behind NEoN festival
* Tag Games – creators of Car Jack Streets and Astro Ranch
* Waracle – online and mobile App developers
* Yoyo Games – creators of the Game Factory application
Andy Mackenzie, project Mmanager for Creative Industries at Dundee College, said: “There is a huge amount of experience within Scotland’s interactive sector.
“Some of the world’s most successful console games were created here and the country is a pioneer in the mobile and apps sectors.
“From the outset, we were determined to add to the international talent pool that the conference is targeting and make use of the expertise we have locally, to make sure the AppCon and AppJam are relevant and useful to new and independent developers as well as more established companies.
“We are thrilled to have so many of Scotland’s design and development studios as partners.”
The AppCon and AppJam are part of the NEoN festival (www.northeastofnorth.com) which takes place in Dundee throughout November 2010.
For more information on the conference, visit www.appjam.eu or follow us of Twitter at: @AppJamDundee. For more information on the Creative City Challenge Project, visit www.creative-city-challenge.net
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Revolver PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.