A SCOTTISH telecoms entrepreneur has travelled 5,000 miles to launch his new internet business in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Begins a spokesperson: “Scott Allison has chosen TechCrunch Disrupt, a leading web 2.0 conference in San Francisco, to launch his start-up online productivity venture, Teamly, in front of 2,000 of Silicon Valley’s most influential investors, entrepreneurs, bloggers and analysts.”
Allison, founder and chief executive of Teamly, said: “After three months in beta, and after notching up our 1,000th user I felt the time was right to spread the word about Teamly to a wider audience.
“It’s an expensive trip but an essential one to make to take Teamly to the next level; Silicon Valley has the highest concentration of experienced tech investors and advisors in the world.”
Allison, founder and former MD of award-winning Glasgow business telecoms provider abica, was inspired to create Teamly, an online productivity and people management tool, from his entrepreneurial experience of starting and growing an ambitious business.
He added: “I was looking for a better way to track my staffs’ goals and their commitments to me and then I met Canadian entrepreneur, Cameron Herold, who used top five priority setting at his business, 1-800-GOT-JUNK, as a way to help grow that company to more than $100M in sales.”
Herold is now an investor and advisor to Teamly. He teaches CEOs and entrepreneurs around the world about the value of a top five focus, and has been promoting Teamly constantly in his global speaking events.
Says Herold: “The idea of top five has been around for 100 years, but no one has kept the tool as perfectly simple and powerful for companies to use as Teamly has.
“I’ve become a huge evangelist for Teamly since the day they launched, which is why I’ve invested in this dynamic and promising Scottish company.”
Allison’s top priorities over the next three months are to refine and enhance the product, bring in revenue through new premium business subscriptions and close an initial round of external financing.
“Although we can keep bootstrapping for a while longer the quicker we can execute our business plan the better, and both money and advice from the right investor can help us do that,” says Allison.
Notes to editor:
- Teamly is a tool which helps individuals in companies be more effective by identifying their top priorities, committing them to Teamly, and sharing them with their manager and colleagues.
- For more information about Teamly, please visit http://www.teamly.com
- For client testimonials, please visit http://teamly.com/testimonials
- Scott Allison has also blogged about the reasons behind his $5,000 trip to TechCrunch Disrupt in Silicon Valley http://blog.teamly.com
- Contact Scott Allison, CEO, Teamly US: (415) 216-3649 UK: 07973 254 178
- About TechCrunch Disrupt:
- TechCrunch Disrupt (http://disrupt.techcrunch.com), Sept 27-29 2010, at San Francisco Design Center Concourse, 635 8th Street (at Brannan), is TechCrunch’s inaugural conference in San Francisco attracting over 1,500 leading technology innovators and investors and over 150 new startups. The format combines top thought-leader discussions with new product and company launches. Morning executive discussions debate the most timely disruptions in media, advertising and technology. Afternoons host the Startup Battlefield where 25 new companies will launch for the first time on stage, selected to present from more than 500 applications received from around the world. Another 100 early-stage startups will exhibit in Startup Alley. TechCrunch will award a $50,000 grand prize along with other award recognitions at the conclusion of the conference.
- TechCrunch (www.techcrunch.com) is a leading technology media network, dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. Founded in 2005, TechCrunch and its network of websites reach over eight million unique visitors and more than 25 million page views per month. TechCrunch operates a global network of websites including dedicated properties in Europe and Japan as well as specialized industry websites including MobileCrunch, CrunchGear, and TechCrunchIT. TechCrunch’s CrunchBase, is the leading, open database about start-up companies, people and investors. In addition to Disrupt, TechCrunch hosts other conferences and events, including The Crunchies Awards and various meet-ups worldwide serving as community platforms for industry conversation and collaboration.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Tartan Cat. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.