THE finalists for the Business Woman of the Year Award 2010 are announced today.
Now in its 28th year, the award recognises the contribution women make to the economy, celebrates ability and achievement and aims to create role models for the future.
Begins a spokesperson: “Year on year, the prestigious title attracts an outstanding field of candidates and 2010 is no exception. The seven finalists are drawn from every walk of life and have made a significant contribution to the performance and financial success of their organisation.”
Their names are:
- Louise Bennett, chief executive of Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce.
- Julie Moore, chief executive of University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust.
- Suzie Norton, chief executive of Birmingham based Screen West Midlands.
- Alison Whetton, founder and chief executive of All About Weight, headquartered in Crewe.
- Kavita Jnagal and Rani Upelle, co-founders of Simply Recruitment, based in Birmingham.
- Fiona Toye, chief executive of Toye, Kenning and Spencer, headquartered in Birmingham.
The finalists will meet the Award’s judges at Mallory Court Hotel, Leamington Spa, on Friday 8 October.
The winner will be exclusively announced by BBC Midlands Today news anchor, Suzanne Virdee, at the Woman of the Year Luncheon and Awards at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, on Friday 15 October 2010.
Time and again, the award has shown it is a signpost to future success.
The 2010 title holder will follow in the footsteps of high profile winners including Hilary Devey, CEO of haulage firm, Pall-Ex and star of TV’s Secret Millionaire; Karren Brady, former managing director of Birmingham City FC, as seen on TV’s The Apprentice; and 2009 winner Asha Khemka OBE, chief executive of West Nottinghamshire College, who first arrived in the UK with her young family at the age of 25, having received no formal education.
Notes to editor:
Chaired by Judy Groves, SCH Group marketing director, the 2010 judges are:
- Ben Gulliford, Regional Centre Head for Barclays Wealth
- Silla Maizey, management board director, British Airways
- Gavin Tyzack, director of Sales Southern Division, Hilton Hotels UK
- Geoff Cousins, managing director of Jaguar UK
- Tracy Westall, UK Public Sector sales director in the UK, SCC
About the event:
The Women of the Year Luncheon and Awards gala ceremony, at which the prestigious Businesswoman of the year winner is announced, is the best kept secret outside of London and a sell out year on year, the event is attended by hundreds of high profile and talented female guests.
In 2010, Ruby Wax, the forthright American comedienne and TV personality, and the very English pottery entrepreneur, Emma Bridgewater, will be key note guest speakers. New sponsor, Harvey Nichols, present a catwalk show of designer fashions and the opportunity to ‘Shop the Show’.
The event has raised over £500,000 for official charity, Vitalise, which provides short breaks, respite care and other services for disabled people, the visually impaired and carers.
A limited number of last minute seats remain available. The ticket price, including a three course, a la carte lunch, is £60.00. Telephone the events department at Vitalise on (020) 7017 3433 to book a seat now.
For more about Women of the Year Luncheon & Awards and to book tickets visit: http://www.womenoftheyear-uk.com/
Follow Woman of the Year on LinkedIn and Twitter @2010WOTY
Judy Groves Tel / 0121 766 2594 / Email email@example.com
Louise Acton Tel 07595 355 938 / Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Beatrice Mocci Tel 0141 339 4175 / Email email@example.com
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Revolver PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Revolver PR
Phone: 0845 130 8992