ROMEO and Juliet may have been among the most-famous couple to tread the boards; now, fans of the theatre can find their own true love – thanks to a new website which looks to match-make.
www.theatredate.co.uk has been created by white-label online dating network EasyDate with Whatsonstage.com to allow musical fans, drama devotees, opera enthusiasts and ballet buffs to find like-minded people for friendship, dating and relationships.
Fans of the stage will be able to create a profile, chat to other members about their favourite shows and hopefully find romance.
Terri Paddock, managing and editorial director of Whatsonstage.com, said:
“If you’re single and looking for a lasting relationship, common interests are important. But sitting in a darkened auditorium, you don’t always get to meet other fans of the theatre. We hope that this dating site can help break the ice. It’s also a great way to discuss your favourite productions and arrange trips to the theatre with other people who feel as passionate about it as you do.”
Tim Simmonds, commercial director at EasyDate, said:
“At EasyDate, we see one of our the key areas of growth in online dating is through niche sites – identifying key areas and groups of individuals who can connect with other like-minded people in an area that is of interest to them.
“Theatre is obviously an area a great many people are interested in so we hope that the TheatreDate community can grow.”
About EasyDate plc
- EasyDate plc listed on AIM in June 2010 and is a leading provider of online dating services.
- EasyDate has built a base of over 13 million registrants and over nine million members in 29 countries (those countries with over 1,000 members), with a growing proportion of members coming from outside of the United Kingdom.
- EasyDate offers a wide variety of online dating services allowing members to interact with each other and access the content available on the group’s websites. These websites are intended to appeal to dating users of diverse ages, cultures and social interest groups. The group’s most heavily visited websites include http://www.benaughty.com, http://www.cupid.com/ , http://www.girlsdateforfree.com and http://www.datetheuk.com.
- The group also promotes the niche brands http://www.datingforparents.com, http://www.speeddater.com and http://www.maturedating.co.uk
- Further information on the company can be found at http://www.easydategroup.com
Whatsonstage.com has been named one of the top 100 websites in the world by Internet Magazine and the Daily Mail. It comprises a listings database of some 5,500-plus performances nationwide, as well as unrivalled theatre news, reviews, first night photos, podcasts, video footage, interviews, gossip, blogs, ticket offers, competitions and lively discussion boards.
Launched by Emap Online in 1996, Whatsonstage.com was acquired via a management buy-out in October 2000.
More than 80,000 theatregoers subscribe to the site’s weekly email newsletter, while – at last count – over 500,000 visit the website each month, generating some five million monthly page impressions.
Whatsonstage.com also runs the Whatsonstage.com Theatre Club, born out of our ever-popular Outings in which we take hundreds of people at a time to top London shows, and the annual Whatsonstage.com Awards, the ‘theatregoers’ choice’, the only major theatre prize-giving decided by audiences (over 46,000 voted in 2010), which now ranks alongside the Laurence Olivier and Evening Standard Awards as one of the industry’s most-recognised accolades.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Erin Hickey PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.