EVERYONE knows the rule that you have to have a kiss under the mistletoe at Christmas.
According to a new poll by dating website, BeNaughty, the celebrity most people would like to kiss under the mistletoe would either be X Factor judge, Cheryl Cole, or Twilight actor, Robert Pattinson.
However, it would seem that most of us are true romantics at heart and would prefer to kiss our own ‘significant other’, if given the chance.
Seventy-four per cent of those people polled would choose to kiss their partner rather than a famous face.
But when it comes to celebrities, Geordie beauty, Cheryl Cole, was the favourite female with 17 per cent of the vote. In close second place, it was Angelina Jolie with 15 per cent, followed by Britney Spears with 13 per cent and Megan Fox with 11 per cent of the votes.
Hollywood heartthrob, Robert Pattinso,n was the male star people would like to pucker up to, with 15 per cent of the votes, followed by George Clooney with 12 per cent, Johnny Depp with 11 per cent and David Beckham with ten per cent of the votes.
Sean Wood, operations manager at EasyDate, which operates BeNaughty, said:
“There is a lot of doom and gloom around at the moment and pressure for people to have the perfect Christmas with lots of presents and all the trimmings.
“It’s nice to know that people are getting into the festive spirit and enjoying the lighter side of Christmas.
“It’s also good to know that the majority of the population would prefer to kiss their girlfriend or boyfriend or husband or wife if they had to choose!”
About EasyDate plc
- EasyDate plc listed on AIM in June 2010 and is a leading provider of online dating services.
- EasyDate has built a base of over 13 million registrants and over nine million members in 29 countries (those countries with over 1,000 members), with a growing proportion of members coming from outside of the United Kingdom.
- EasyDate offers a wide variety of online dating services allowing members to interact with each other and access the content available on the group’s websites. These websites are intended to appeal to dating users of diverse ages, cultures and social interest groups.
- The group’s most heavily visited websites include http://www.benaughty.com, http://www.cupid.com/ , http://www.girlsdateforfree.com and http://www.datetheuk.com.
- The group also promotes the niche brands http://www.datingforparents.com, http://www.speeddater.com and http://www.maturedating.co.uk
- Further information on the company can be found at http://www.easydategroup.com
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Erin Hickey PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.