TECHNOLOGY transfer institute, iSLI, and IMAPS-UK have announced a rescheduled date to host the technical seminar, ‘Making MEMS Work – BIG Ideas For Small Devices’, which will see a keynote presentation from Yole Développement.
Yole Devéloppement has been announced as the keynote ‘Making MEMS Work’ presenter at the IMAPS-Uk technical seminar, which will now be held on 27th January 2011 at the Institute for System Level Integration (iSLI), Edinburgh.
At the seminar, leading companies and institutions – including BAE Systems, Unisem, Teradyne, Optocap, Semefab, iSLI, Heriot-Watt University and Selex Galileo – will investigate the MEMS product development chain from research, design and development through to packaging and test.
UK Microelectronics Packaging Society (IMAPS-UK) is holding an one-day technical seminar and industry networking event in conjunction with the Institute for System Level Integration (iSLI) and the event will provide the opportunity for:
* Updates on the latest MEMS developments and technologies
* Networking between end-users, supply chains and technology providers
* Business development opportunities for your company and its products
So how do we make MEMS work? This IMAPS-UK Technical Seminar will investigate the MEMS product development chain from design and development through to packaging and test, exploring techniques which help to address these challenges.
* Heriot-Watt University – SMART MICROSYSTEMS: a flagship project from the IeMRC
* BAE Systems – Producing MEMS devices for niche applications in modest volumes
* Optocap – Packaging of MEMS
* Teradyne – Testing of MEMS devices
* Semefab – Requirements for MEMS Manufacture
* iSLI – MEMS and wireless sensor networks for condition monitoring applications
* Unisem – MEMS manufacturing in the UK achieving excellence
* Selex Galileo – Taking MEMS to new markets
Who Should Attend:
End users, research and development engineers, scientists, production and manufacturing engineers, supply chain companies, process engineers, product designers and students.
Table Top Exhibition:
In addition, there is a complementary tabletop exhibition showcasing leading companies in the field (some spaces may now be available due to rescheduled date).
Registration and seminar fees:
The event is open to all including non IMAPS-UK members but space for the event is strictly limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Location: iSLI (Institute for System Level Integration), Edinburgh EH14 4AP
For more information on the event:
To register visit: http://www.imaps.org.uk
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Revolver PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.