A RECENT survey by Scottish Provident showed that a good broadband service is the second-most important aspect in terms of achieving a decent standard of living – beaten only by money saving.
Says a spokesperson for Simplifydigital.com: “According to the findings, 64 per cent said that having access to the World Wide Web was key, which is why SimplifyDigital.com has put together its top three value-for-money broadband bundles.”
Head of Online at simplifydigital.com, Geoff Slaughter, said:
“Our ability to reach out and connect with others is as instinctive as it is important to us as human beings. The steep rise in the use of social networking and media is not about technology but about fulfilling our basic need to keeping in touch.
“Consumers can pay less when they bundle broadband and calls together, so staying connected needn’t mean having to avoid the cost of getting together the way like most, in person.”
In a Virgin Media area?
- Up to 10Mb fibre optic broadband
- Unlimited downloads
- FREE Virgin Media Security: Total
- FREE Virgin Media Hub wireless ‘N’ modem router
- Unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines
- FREE voicemail
- No need for a BT landline
- £40 credit when you buy the offer online
Price: £6.75 a month for the first six months then £13.50 a month.
Non-expensive, reliable broadband with home phone from Plusnet
- 10GB usage allowance
- Up to 20Mb speeds1
- Free easy setup wireless router
- No-contract option
- Yorkshire-based call centre
- McAfee security available
- Evening & Weekend calls to UK landines
- Evening & Weekend 0870 / 0845 calls included
Price: From £6.45, £9.99 thereafter, excluding line rental charge.
BT’s Broadband with anytime calls
- Up to 20Mb download speeds
- 10GB monthly usage
- New BT Home Hub (worth £91.90)
- Basic online security
- Unlimited UK^ Anytime calls including 0845 and 0870 numbers
- Add BT Answer 1571 voicemail and other Calling Features once you’ve signed up
- FREE customer support – call us any time you like
- No connection charge for new lines
Price: Free for three months, £16 thereafter
Notes to editors:
simplifydigital.com offers a free and impartial ‘Switching Support’ service for anyone looking to get a digital TV, broadband or phone package.
Its London-based impartial experts are available for free over the phone, to answer all those tricky questions and match the family’s needs to the best deal available. And importantly in the run-up to Christmas and the New Year, the Simplifydigital.com experts are then on hand to help make sure that the new services get installed with no fuss at all.
Simplifydigital.com’s experts are available for free on 0800 1 388 388 seven days a week (Lines open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm; Saturday 9am-5:30pm; Sunday 10-5:30pm).
You can also use Simplifydigital.com’s Ofcom accredited comparison engine online at www.simplifydigital.com
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Simplifydigital. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.