CREATIVE branding and design agency, threebrand, has continued to boost its international portfolio, following the recent launch of an innovative premium whisky brand – Sirius Intrepid Whisky Purveyors – in Las Vegas.
threebrand’s creative director, Nick Cadbury, and client director, Lisa Gray, jetted to Sin City to the ‘Nth’ Universal Whisky Experience at the prestigious Wynn Resort, to help unveil the brand on 18th/19th March.
Says a spokesperson: “Sirius is the brainchild of US-based Mahesh Patel, renowned whisky collector.
“Mahesh’s inspiration behind the range comes from a combination of the world’s most expensive bottle of whisky – bought at The Dalmore Distillery – an unusual blind taste test and a passion for the spirit.”
Edinburgh-based, threebrand, was behind the brand concept, including DNA, packaging design and support sales materials, as well as resources for the launch exhibition.
Nick Cadbury, creative director at threebrand, said: “We were recommended to Mahesh through a current whisky client and immediately took to his idea, enthusiasm and approach. The brief was to create an innovative new premium brand, which would challenge the usual independent whisky bottler genre.
“We provided a simple solution using black and white – one for malt, one for grain. The creation of brand name – which literally means the brightest star in the sky – and icon, was pivotal to capturing the lengths Mahesh was prepared to go to whilst looking for this rare liquid.
“The ‘Nth’ Universal Whisky Experience was the perfect launch pad for Sirius and we’re confident that the exclusive range will be popular with whisky connoisseurs across the world.”
The spokesperson added: “The Sirius range contains four whiskies, which are limited in stock due to the nature of the spirit; one exceptionally rare cask from the world-famous malt distillers at The Dalmore, a hidden single malt gem from Fettercairn and two rare single grain whiskies.
“Mahesh’s view on grain varieties is that they are ‘misunderstood and wrongly ignored’.
“He feels they will become extremely rare and highly collectable over time.”
Owner of Sirius and CEO Universal Whisky Experience, Mahesh Patel, said:
“I started my search naturally in Scotland and have spent 10 years visiting key distilleries there – both malt and grain – to uncover the very best stocks that are ripe for bottling.
“When sampling my whiskies, I focus particularly on mouth feel, texture and finish and use my trusted blindfold method.
“The key for me is the drinking experience, its enjoyment and its delivery, which is what led me to the single grains in particular.
“It was important for the Sirius brand to reflect all of this – from the DNA to packaging and support sales materials.”
The range was unveiled to a select audience of whisky connoisseurs, collectors and enthusiasts from the USA at the ‘Nth’ Universal Whisky Experience.
Initial reactions to the range have been very positive, with strong word-of-mouth recommendations expected to boost sales initially, before an exclusive deal is confirmed with an online retailer.
On selecting threebrand to handle branding and design aspects, Mahesh continued:
“threebrand’s tremendous packaging expertise, first class premium spirits’ experience and the fact that the team was quick to understand, provoke, uncover and ‘get’ the brief, allied with a strong chemistry, confirmed there could only be one winner for the business. threebrand understood my passion for whisky and my desire to develop a super premium independent bottler business.”
Sirius is one of many clients outside of the UK on threebrand’s extensive portfolio, including Heineken USA, Proximo Spirits (New Jersey) and Philips (Paris).
For more information on Sirius, visit http://www.siriuswhiskypurveyors.com or for the “Nth” Universal Whisky Experience, http://www.universalwhiskyexperience.com.
For more information on threebrand, log on to http://www.threebrand.com.
- ENDS -
For more information on this press release, contact Gillian Hamilton or Sarah Dedecker at threebrand PR, on +44 (0)131 454 2030 or mailto:email@example.com / mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- threebrand is a creative branding agency, launched in 2004
- Its hand-picked and highly motivated team enjoy working from Boat 1502U, located on the Water of Leith in the heart of Edinburgh’s creative community
- threebrand aims to help its clients create distinctive brands by following three simple steps:
- understanding the dynamics of their brands’ marketplace
- taking this knowledge and creating inspired design solutions
- ensuring brand integrity and consistent implementation
- threebrand PR compliments threebrand, offering both an integrated approach, together with stand alone PR consultancy and advice
- The company strongly believes that brands will benefit from a threebrand integrated approach with the new PR arm providing:
- an one-team approach
- consistency and alignment of brand, guidelines, aims and objectives
- shared values, professionalism and expert advice
- PR support services will be recommended and tailored to the brand needs and requirements, but could include the following:
- brand management, reputation management and profiling (consumer and corporate), event management, media relations
- crisis and issues management (plus crisis/message training), web design and management
- press office support (proactive and reactive), research, planning and evaluation, special projects and professional consultancy
Sirius Intrepid Whisky Purveyors
- Sirius Intrepid Whisky Purveyors is the brainchild of Mahesh Patel, renowned whisky collector, investor and founder of Universal Whisky Experience
- Mahesh is a successful commercial real estate developer in Atlanta, Georgia. For the past two decades, the company has spawned commercial construction, development, management companies and hotel franchises throughout the south-eastern United States
- Mahesh’s great passion in life is whisky, namely ‘Scotch’ whisky and he has been a collector of fine and rare whiskies for more than 20 years
- A connoisseur and enthusiast, he frequently attends exclusive whisky events and gatherings both domestically and abroad
- Well-connected and respected among industry leaders, distillery managers and owners and brand ambassadors, Mahesh has leveraged these relationships and is excited to offer the world’s first luxury whisky enjoyment experience, the ‘Nth’ 2011 Show in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sirius has limited availability due to the nature of the spirit. To find out more on the range or if you are interested in purchasing, visit www.siriuswhiskypurveyors.com
- Prices range from £1,000 to £2,000 with the four casks being filled from 1962 to 1967
MEDIA RELEASE posted by threebrand. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.