Tuesday, 6 September
Time: 9.30am to 11.30am
Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh
As we continue to raise our profile as Scotland’s newest university, specialising in a raft of subjects including marine, environmental and health sciences, plus cultural niche areas such as Nordic studies and the global impact of our regional history, we’re sure you will be keen to add our experts to your contacts book.
We will present some of them to you at our informal event in Edinburgh. They will be able to give you an insight into what they do, how they can help you, and how they can be contacted. We hope you’ll also go away with some story ideas.
Experts attending are:
* Professor Martin Price, mountain studies and climate change, and UNESCO chair in sustainable mountain development, based at Perth College UHI
* Professor Ian Megson, diabetes and cardiovascular science, based at the Centre for Health Science, Inverness
* Professor Stuart Gibb, environmental science and renewable energy, based at the Centre for Energy and the Environment, North Highland College UHI, Thurso
* Professor Frank Rennie, sustainable rural development and e-learning, based at Lews Castle College UHI, Isle of Lewis
* Dr David Worthington, Scottish history, based at the UHI Centre for History, Dornoch
* Dr Donna Heddle, Nordic and Scottish cultural studies, based at the Centre for Nordic Studies, Orkney College UHI.
Members of our communications team will also be attending, including manager Alison Hay and media officer Glenda Johnson.
RSVP to Glenda on 01463 27922 or Glenda.firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of the Highlands and Islands has evolved from the higher education institution UHI Millennium Institute.
Students can use flexible learning methods and information technologies to study subjects including marine science, sustainable rural development, Gaelic, fine art, engineering, social sciences, child and youth studies, archaeology, computing, history, and business leadership and management, all tailored for the needs of the region and beyond.
The University of the Highlands and Islands is: Argyll College UHI; Highland Theological College UHI, Dingwall; Inverness College UHI; Lews Castle College UHI, Lewis; Moray College UHI; NAFC Marine Centre UHI, Shetland; North Highland College UHI, Thurso; Orkney College UHI; Perth College UHI; Sabhal Mòr Ostaig UHI, Skye; Scottish Association for Marine Science UHI, Oban; Shetland College UHI, and West Highland College UHI, Lochaber.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by the University of the Highlands and Islands. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.