Aspirant actors and actresses from across the Central Belt are being invited to act in a ‘whodunnit’ murder mystery, as part of an exciting new event set to stir the whisky industry.
Organisers of the Whisky Stramash, which takes place for the first time at Edinburgh’s Surgeons’ Hall on 26th & 27th May, are on the search for an amateur dramatics group to act out the gruesome game, which is being sponsored by Jura Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Colleges, universities and drama clubs from the Central Belt are invited to audition and compete against other groups across the country for the chance to take part and win £1,000 cash prize. The winning group will be invited to the event to act out dramatic death scenes, plotting along the way and leaving clues to grip the unsuspecting audience, before helping to uncover the cunning culprit.
Darroch Ramsay, founding partner of the Whisky Stramash, said:
“This is an exciting time to be part of the event, particularly as this is the first. The atmosphere is set to be extraordinary, with the combination of the historical location at the Surgeons’ Hall and the weird and wonderful experiences we are offering, including the murder mystery.
“We are looking for a group of five keen drama enthusiasts to take part in our murder mystery. We are encouraging as many amateur dramatic groups across the Central Belt as possible to enter. It’s a fantastic opportunity to be involved in something that is truly unique!”
Auditionees are asked to send a three-minute video clip of their best performance to email@example.com or by post, to Whisky Stramash Am Dram Auditions, threebrand, Boat 1502U, The Shore, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QW.
Willie Cochrane, Jura Distillery Manager; “Jura’s history is steeped in storytelling, intrigue and mystery. We are supporting the ‘am dram’ campaign because it is the perfect tie in with our brand and the island's unique heritage. We are looking forward to seeing what unfolds at the event. Watch this space as we are hoping to bring something special to this unique experience.”
Videos will be uploaded onto a dedicated YouTube site, before the Whisky Stramash organisers narrow the entrants down to their favourite three. These three will be invited to audition in front of the judging panel at a location in Edinburgh, before the winner is announced and invited to perform at the event in May 2012.
Whisky Stramash will encounter many elements and experiences and will feature a huge array of whiskies from Scotland and abroad. As well as the murder mystery,
visitors can expect to be entertained by a realistic barber surgeon, Heston Blumenthal style molecular experiments and bespoke whisky cocktails.
The Stramash will be held on three sessions over the 26th and 27th of May 2012:
Saturday 26th of May 2012: 12pm – 4pm and 5pm – 9pm and Sunday 27th of May 2012: 1pm – 5pm.
Please note all participants must be over the age of 18 and proof of age is needed to apply.
For further information, visit the website: http://thewhiskystramash.com or follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Whisky-Stramash/222766267748849 and Twitter http://twitter.com/WhiskyStramash
Notes to Editor:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sarah Dedecker, at threebrand PR, on 0131 454 2030/07545 989565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org OR Gillian Hamilton at threebrand PR on 0131 454 2030 or email email@example.com.
- Tickets for the event cost £25 and are available from several outlets including TicketSoup.com (online and via telephone 0844 395 4000) and at the SECC and The Hub box offices.
- As well as Jura, Dewar’s, Bunnahabhain, Finnieston, Isle of Mull and Arran Single Malt: Dalmore, Whyte & Mackay, Aberfeldy, Drambuie, Black Bottle, Tobermory, Ledaig, Deanston and Springbank whiskies have also signed up for stands at the event.
- Whisky Stramash is the brainchild of Scott Martin and Darroch Ramsay who have both been to whisky events all over the world and wanted to create a whisky event with a distinct point of difference.
- Scott and Darroch have a combined experience of 22 years in the drinks industry and both have a keen interest in whisky since working as bartenders. Scott currently works as a global Scotch ambassador and Darroch’s background in Scotch is in brand management.
- Whisky Stramash will give brands the opportunity to present their whiskies to a desirable group of consumers.
- To take part, applicants need to send off a three-minute video clip. For videos under 5mb these can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For anything larger than this please send a disc to: Whisky Stramash Am Dram Auditions, threebrand, Boat 1502U, The Shore, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QW. Please remember to include the group’s name and contact details. Those who are chosen to take part in the next stage will be contacted directly.
Issued on behalf of Whisky Stramash by threebrand PR.
Contact: Sarah Dedecker
Phone: 0131 454 2030