THE 2012 Scottish French Travel Article of the Year Awards nominees and winners were announced last night during a fabulous dinner at the Chardon D’Or in Glasgow.
We are so pleased so many of Scotland’s top journalists were able to join us in showcasing the best in Scottish travel journalism.
We’d like to say a big thank you to all of you who came and made it such a special evening.
Last night’s nominees and winners are:
Best Article on General Information:
- Into the West – Barrie Daglish, The Courier & Advertiser
- Art of Antibes – Maggie Barry, Sunday Mail (Seven Days)
- Terrific Toulouse! – Wendy Scott, Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser
Winner – Maggie Barry for Art of Antibes, Sunday Mail (Seven Days)
Best Online Article:
- Cycling the famous Tour de France cols of the Pyrenees – Fiona Russell (www.fionaoutdoors.co.uk)
- Paris – a city of contrasts – Ron Smith, The Northern Scot (www.northern-scot.co.uk )
- Red is the Color: Falling in love with La Rochelle – Kash Bhattacharya (www.budgettraveller.org)
Winner – Ron Smith for Paris – a city of contrasts, The Northern Scot
Best Article for Scottish-based Readers:
- France continues to seduce us Scots – Stephen McGinty, The Scotsman
- Riding the rails to the Riviera – Willy Newlands, The Press and Journal
- Bordeaux Reivers – Alison Gray, The Scotsman (Magazine)
Winner – Stephen Mcginty for France continues to seduce us Scots, The Scotsman
Most Entertaining Article:
- Well fed in the Med – Mark Sweeney, The Scottish Sun
- Our free-wheeling road trip following the Tour de France – Fergus Bisset, The Press and Journal
- A Ringing Endorsement – Derek Lambie, Scottish Sunday Express
Winner – Derek Lambie for A Ringing Endorsement, Scottish Sunday Express
Best Article on Active Holidays:
- High on the Hills – Mercy Breheny, Scotland on Sunday (Spectrum)
- Slippery slope to devotion – Paula Murray, Scottish Sunday Express
- Delightful Dordogne satisfies appetites on and off the course – John Millar, Scottish Sunday Express
Winner – Paula Murray for Slippery slope to devotion, Scottish Sunday Express
If you are disappointed not to have been among the articles chosen for this year, then register for France Meets the Media from 27th February to 1st March to make sure you get the inspiration you need to be in next year’s awards.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Press Office