MUSSELBURGH Racecourse is set to welcome its biggest gate of the year on Friday (June 17) at its annual Ladies Day meeting.
An estimated 8,000 capacity crowd is expected at what has become Scotland’s most successful ladies race day and marks a record sixth year in selling out the event.
Popular Forth One presenter, Grant Stott, will compere the Jenners-sponsored Fashion in the Field competitions and a fashion show at a specially-built Jenners Fashion Stage located at the Picnic Enclosure.
Top prize for the most glamourous lady on the day is a cheque for £3,000 in the Queen of Style completion, with other prizes for Most Stylish Hat and best dressed gent, the King of Style.
Musselburgh Racecourse commercial manager, Sarah Montgomery, said: “We sold out tickets for Ladies Day in record time which shows how popular and well established this event has become.
“Last year was an outstanding success and blessed with great weather. We are hoping we can repeat that experience and make it a day to remember for the large crowd heading to Musselburgh.”
The racecourse have stressed the event is a complete sell-out and no further admission tickets will be available on the day.
Musselburgh has issued some guidelines to ensure race goers get the best out of Ladies Day.
- All guest must remember to bring their printed barcode entry ticket.
- No alcohol, liquid or glassware can be brought in to the racecourse and guests will be subject to security checks.
- A free courtesy shuttle bus will operate to/from Wallyford Station linked to train arrival times on the Edinburgh-North Berwick route.
- Guests driving to Ladies Day are encouraged to use the Wallyford Park and Ride facility and shuttle bus.
- Youngsters aged 16 and under will not be admitted without passport ID.
Gates open on Friday at 11am, the first race is at 1.50pm and last race at 5.20pm. Fashion shows at the Jenners Stage start at 12.30pm and run throughout the day.
There will be a late bar open until 8pm, supplied by Hamiltons of Stockbridge, for those who want to make the most of the evening post racing.
Sure Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0)7980 598764
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Sure PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.