OCTOBER 12 was Positive Paisley Day with thousands of tweets adopting the #positivepaisley hashtag.
The idea came from Chamber member Evelyn Laurie of RedMarketing and Brian McGuire of Paisley.org.uk to encourage people to say something positive about Paisley.
With support from the Chamber and other fellow buddies the stats from the campaign were impressive:
- 3,333 tweets on the one day with the hashtag #positivepaisley
- at its peak there were 1,360 tweets
- for every 50 tweets sent it hit 6,880 people
- we had 540 people tweet on that day and even the next day there were still on average 406 mentions of the hashtag
- It hit over 60 countries in addition to the UK and the USA
And that’s just twitter, #positivepaisley received a wealth of other mentions on facebook, LinkedIn and in the press
So what’s next? Well a website and other forms of #positivepaisley communication will develop – but you don’t need to wait. If you have positive news to share about Paisley – shout about it and use #positivepaisley.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.