HALLOWEEN was celebrated early in the city as the inaugural Edinburgh Whisky Stramash – an alternative event celebrating the nation’s top tipple; launched this morning at the historic Surgeons’ Hall.
Taking place on 26th and 27th May 2012, the Stramash promises to be full of mystery, entertainment, comicality and madcap pioneering, featuring chilling characters associated historically with the dram.
An affair to excite the purists, tempt the interested and intrigue the indifferent, enthusiasts of whisky from around the world will encounter many elements and experiences.
Held in the historical Surgeons’ Hall, dram devotees will be exposed to a concoction of molecular experiments, murder mystery and an insight into the gruesome lives of barber surgeons.
The Whisky Stramash would not be complete without the opportunity to sample and purchase a huge array of amazing whiskies including: Dewar’s, Jura and Bunnahabhain, as well as Finnieston, Isle of Mull and Arran Single Malt.
Scott Martin, founding partner of the event, said: “Working on export Scotch, my business partner and I have been to many whisky events all over Europe and we often felt they were a bit predictable and at times even a bit old fashioned.
“We wanted to stage an event that has a distinct point of difference by presenting the drink in new, different and innovative ways, whilst giving consumers the opportunity to try a wide range of whiskies from around the world; a modern take on traditional fun.”
An experienced cocktail mixologist will be on hand to help visitors create their own whisky concoctions, whilst Whisky Stramash’s own adaption of ‘Heston Blumenthal’, will provide mind-blowing entertainment in the of style molecular experiments.
To top it all off, a murder mystery drama will provide thrilling entertainment, while the barber surgeon will captivate audiences by taking them a step back in time with grisly anecdotes of this chilling profession.
More exciting information will be revealed in the run-up to the event.
The Stramash will be held on three sessions over the 26th and 27th of May 2012:
Saturday 26th of May 2012: 12pm – 4pm and 5pm – 9pm and Sunday 27th of May 2012: 1pm – 5pm.
For further information, visit the website: http://thewhiskystramash.com or follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Whisky-Stramash/222766267748849 and Twitter http://twitter.com/WhiskyStramash
Notes to Editor:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sarah Dedecker, at threebrand PR, on 0131 454 2030/07545 989565 or email email@example.com or Gillian Hamilton at threebrand PR on 0131 454 2030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets for the event cost £25 and are available from several outlets including TicketSoup.com (online and via telephone 0844 395 4000) and at the SECC and The Hub box offices.
- As well as Dewar’s, Jura, Bunnahabhain, Finnieston, Isle of Mull and Arran Single Malt: Dalmore, Whyte & Mackay, Aberfeldy, Drambuie, Black Bottle, Tobermory, Ledaig, Deanston and Springbank whiskies have also signed up for stands at the event.
- Whisky Stramash is the brainchild of Scott Martin and Darroch Ramsay who have both been to whisky events all over the world and wanted to create a whisky event with a distinct point of difference.
- Scott and Darroch have a combined experience of 22 years in the drinks industry and both have a keen interest in whisky since working as bartenders. Scott currently works as a global Scotch ambassador and Darroch’s background in Scotch is in brand management.
- Whisky Stramash will give brands the opportunity to present their whiskies to a desirable group of consumers.
Issued on behalf of Whisky Stramash by threebrand PR.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by threebrand PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.