ROCCO 2011 was another great success with 470 guests seeing 11 awards presented on the night and were well entertained by host, Fred MacAulay, and our local award-winning musical charity, Loud’n’Proud.
Commenting on the 8th ROCCO Awards held annually at The Normandy Hotel, Chamber president, Tom Johnston, said: “What a great night – to see an event so well supported shows how good this event is.
“Eleven different winners and 11 different sponsors.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank our main sponsor, Reid Kerr College, and indeed all our sponsors, premier partners and members, for all their support.
“The Chamber team did another great job; of the 100 events we do a year, this is by far our biggest and is viewed by many as the highlight of the year and one of the best business nights out in Scotland, if not the UK.
“We raised £10,000 pounds for local Renfrewshire charities and good causes including St Vincent’s Hospice and Street Stuff.
“I hope all the winners maximise the PR opportunities winning this award will bring, we recommend they share the great news with their staff, clients and colleagues.”
Bob Davidson, chief execurive, added: “The variety and standard of the ROCCO winners shows what great companies Renfrewshire has.
“When combined with the recent British Chamber of Commerce stats showing that Renfrewshire Chamber is performing better than ever, there has never been a better time to engage with your local Chamber.”
The ROCCO 2011 winners are:
* Excellence in Customer Service sponsored by BAA Glasgow Airport – Enchanted Forest Nurseries
* Social Enterprise / Charity of the Year sponsored by the Bank of Scotland – Stepping Stones for Families
* Innovation and Technology sponsored by Reid Kerr College – Meso
* Most Promising New Business sponsored by Business Gateway – Jenier Teas
* Excellence in Manufacturing sponsored by the Scottish Leather Group – Rolls Royce
* Best Environmental Performance sponsored by The William Tracey Group – Diageo
* Outstanding Performing Business in Renfrewshire <25 Employees sponsored by Renfrewshire Council - Project Management & Construction
* Outstanding Performing Business in Renfrewshire >25 Employees sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland - The Scottish Leather Group
* Employee of the Year sponsored by Rolls Royce - Gerry Divers, The Russell Group
* Business Leader of the Year sponsored by Diageo – Amanda McMillan MD Glasgow Airport
* Donald Malcolm Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by The Malcolm Group – Bob Dallas from Campbell Dallas
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.