When: Monday 18 June, 1.30pm
Where: Gannochy Studio, Gannochy Sports Centre, University of Stirling
GIFTED student athletes and sports scientists will showcase Scotland’s potential at the opening of the High Performance Sports Science and Sports Medicine Facility, a £1.1 million development funded jointly by the University of Stirling – ‘Scotland’s University for Sporting Excellence’ – and sportscotland.
Rhona McLeod, alumna of the University of Stirling and sports presenter, will officially open these world-class facilities which will be shared by the university and by the sportscotland institute of sport.
The new facilities include:
- An active rehabilitation laboratory for biomechanical analysis
- Performance Assessment laboratory with state-of-the-art treadmill
- A consultancy room for doctors and nutritionists
- A pilates reformer space
- Three treatment areas for physiotherapy
Official photo opportunity
Opening and speeches
- Professor Gerry McCormac, principal and vice chancellor, University of Stirling
- Louise Martin, chair, sportscotland
- Rhona McLeod, BBC Scotland
- Professor David Lavallee, head of the School of Sport, University of Stirling
Interview opportunities with Rhona McLeod, Louise Martin, Professor David Lavallee and with Stirling student athletes.
Additional information: To protect the specialist flooring in the new facility, please wear (or change into) flat shoes or trainers.
Contact information: To confirm your attendance and any specific requirements, please contact:
David Christie, Public Relations Officer, University of Stirling
T: 01786 466653 M: 07973 198230 E: email@example.com
MEDIA RELEASE posted by the University of Stirling. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: David Christie
Phone: T: 01786 466653 M: 07973 198230