TAKING place from 14 – 20 February 2013, Aberdeenshire Celebrates will shine a spotlight on all the wonderful community arts and crafts activity taking place in the area.
Organised by Voluntary Arts Scotland and Aberdeenshire Council, the week-long event is a chance for the many drama, dance, singing, musical, visual art and craft groups across Aberdeenshire to showcase their talents, and encourage others to join in.
Special events will showcase voluntary and amateur arts activity, as well as making regular rehearsals and workshops welcoming to potential new members.
Some groups have benefitted from a special Aberdeenshire Celebrates funding programme, providing them with support to fund a bespoke event.
Events taking place throughout the Aberdeenshire Celebrates week include:
- Try Morris Dancing with the Banchory Morris Men at Crathes Hall on Tuesday 19 February
- A free day of easel painting at Scene on the Green, Aboyne on Sunday 17 February
- An Arts and Craft Group Showcase at Ellon Library on Friday 15 February
A full list of events, and information for any groups interested in taking part in Aberdeenshire Celebrates, can be found at www.aberdeenshirecelebrates.org.uk
Voluntary Arts Scotland director, Jemma Neville, had this to say about Aberdeenshire Celebrates: “From Morris Dancing to wood-engraving and heritage, the people that make up the eclectic mix of voluntary arts and crafts groups from across Aberdeenshire are demonstrating their passion for taking part in something creative and sharing skills with others.
“Voluntary Arts Scotland is proud to have helped support these groups.”
Notes to editors:
- Aberdeenshire Celebrates is a partnership between Voluntary Arts Scotland and Aberdeenshire Council, and is funded through Aberdeenshire Council’s Cultural Commissions programme.
- Voluntary Arts Scotland is part of Voluntary Arts, the national strategic development agency for participation in the arts and crafts across the UK and Ireland. Find out more at www.vascotland.org.uk
- Voluntary Arts provides a range of online resources to help voluntary groups run their organisations. Materials can be downloaded at www.runningyourgroup.org
- For more information, interview quotes or photographs, please contact Cassandra Barron at Voluntary Arts Scotland on tel: 0131 225 9790 / 07967 200023 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Voluntary Arts Scotland. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.