All newsdesks/picture desks/business correspondents/education correspondents/political correspondents
Education Secretary welcomes launch of Stow College Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning
YOU are invited to the launch of Stow College Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning at 75 Hotspur Street Glasgow G20 8LJ on Thursday 28th February at 6.30pm when Michael Russell, Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning, will welcome the formation of the Centre with a keynote speech.
The Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning seeks to encourage local businesses to become involved and work with Stow College to help deliver and support a new generation of enterprising students who will help re-energise Glasgow’s economic prosperity.
In addition to Michael Russell MSP, other speakers at the launch of Stow College Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning are:
- Robin Millar CBE, one of Britain’s most successful ever record producers, an academic, a coach and mentor to FTSE business leaders and a trustee of Creative & Cultural Skills UK;
- Fintan Donohue, chief executive of Gazelle Global, which formed The Gazelle Colleges Group, an alliance of colleges committed to transforming the curriculum to encourage an entrepreneurial mindset in their students;
- Harry Cunningham, regional education officer, TUC Education in Scotland, who will talk about partnership working and the Collective Learning Agreement Stow has with trade unions, employers and the Scottish Government;
- Calum Graham, chief executive of Glasgow Regeneration Agency, who will speak about partnership working and enterprise; and
- Grahame Smith of AV9, a digital music company based at the college’s istart@Stow incubator hub which works with major and independent record labels, leading edge digital technology developers and other music businesses to create a fresh approach to online music marketing and distribution.
All speakers will be available for interview. Please contact Susan Christie at Liquorice Media to organise interviews/photography on tel 0141 561 4018/ 07971 823651.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Liquorice Media. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.