Atout France’s association responsible for promoting France’s most important cultural heritage is taking to Old Blightey
ORINGINALLY created in 1992, the association unites 52 organisations and sites, wishing to promote French heritage internationally.
Today, it represents over 40,000 protected sites and monuments across France that symbolise the country’s cultural wealth and diversity, including:
- Museums with unique collections
- Fine arts displayed with the latest technology
- Emblematic sites and monuments from prehistory to modern day
- Famous festivals set in some of France’s most beautiful sites
Overall, this includes 33 UNESCO World Heritage sites, 8,000 museums and almost 500 festivals.
The association is constantly looking at innovative ways of spreading its message, many of which include interactive approaches such as guided visits, multimedia and cyberspace presentations, as well as tastings or discovery tours by foot, bike, carriage or electric car.
Over the coming months, we’ll be covering themed discoveries of France’s cultural highlights such as:
- Unique craftsmanship
- Art exhibits: modern, impressionist, Vauban and Leonardo da Vinci
- Famous writers throughout France
- Cathedrals, abbeys and monasteries
- Traditional music concerts
- WWI and WWII memorial sites
- Surprising gardens
- Discovering sites at nightfall
- Visits off the beaten track
For more information on the French Heritage and Culture Club, head over to France Meets the Media 2013 where you can also find press kits on Avignon, France’s National Monument Centre, Chenonceau Chateau, the Pic du Midi and the French Heritage and Culture Club itself.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Press Office
Phone: 020 7061 6635