- Create your own wine in Bordeaux (Aquitaine): Enjoy a half day workshop visiting the cellars, tasting wines, bottling your own mix and designing the cork, cap and label to create your own vintage wine. Bordeaux is an area famed for its oenological products so with direct flights, wine lovers will surely find their thrills.
- Rent a classic car in Auvergne: If you’ve ever dreamed of driving a classic convertible through the wide open countryside,ClassicArvene has Mustangs, Alfa Spiders and MG As (amongst others) for your leisure. Just south of Clermont-Ferrand and its airport, Auvergne is a beautiful expanse of green and rustic charm.
- Explore the spa route of Midi-Pyrénées: From Ariege to Hautes-Pyrénées lie ten thermal leisure and spa centres (with an added one on the way). These centres are naturally warm at an average of 33°C and are in one of the sunniest parts of France. Direct flights from Toulouse make this an ideal R&R escape.
- Sail away on a yacht to the Porquerolles Island (Hyeres-les-Palmiers): A veritable dream of turquoise and blue,Porquerolles Island is a true gem. You can choose overnight yachts or day cruises, both of which will make you feel like a real jetsetter, a short distance from Toulon International Airport.
- Go diving in Ajaccio (Corsica): The underwater ecosystem around the island of Corsica, along with its crystal blue waters, make this island a prime destination for diving enthusiasts. With various companies around Ajaccio tending to all different experience levels and direct flights into the town’s airport, you could be splashing around in no time.
- City and outdoor mini-break to Annecy (Rhone-Alpes): With a town that could have inspired Grimm’s fairytales and a lakewhose waters rival that of the Caribbean’s, you can spend your weekend walking, cycling, drifting or people-watching. And at a 30-minute drive from Geneva Airport, it’s an ideal short break.
- Belle époque city break to Wimereux (Nord-Pas de Calais) : At a 30-minute drive from Calais, this quaint resort next to Boulogne-sur-Mer has a small town coastal feel with an upmarket charm. Having its own Michelin-starred restaurant and rows of bright Belle-Epoque villas, it certainly knows how to cater to the most distinguished city break tastes.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Press Office
Phone: 020 7061 6637