EQUALIZER International, a world-leading designer and developer of flange maintenance tools, has reconfirmed its commitment to new product R&D by introducing a reviewed management structure to support increasing industry demand for its products.
The changes will focus around engineering director, John Morgan, whose role has been reassigned in order to free him up to focus full-time on the company’s priority of new product development and R&D activity.
Technical director, Bob Stephen, is now the company’s operations and training director and will add production and workshop management to his training portfolio. MD, Ian McCormick, will take on an additional role as company chair.
Says a spokesperson: “Equalizer, which launched its SWi range of spreading wedges at OTC in Houston in April, is currently developing its latest flange integrity system which will bring significant safety and downtime maintenance improvements. The company is now facing strong industry demand to bring it market before the end of the year.”
Mr McCormick said: “The interest in the new system, combined with the high level of interest in the SWi range, has reinforced the fact that Equalizer’s strength and success lies in our capacity to innovate. This is what has given us the success which we have and it is what will take us forward.
“These changes strongly reinforce our commitment to R&D and give John the opportunity to focus 100 per cent of his attention on completing the development of our new flange integrity system. We think this is a very positive way forward for the company. We’ve made our name through introducing innovative and highly efficient new tools and this will keep that momentum going.”
Demand for Equalizer’s products has now spread to more than 40 countries across the world and the company recently established a globally-focussed sales and marketing team to support the company’s international growth. In April, it opened its first overseas office in Houston to support the company’s development across the Americas.
NOTES TO EDITOR:
• Equalizer International was established in Aberdeen, Scotland in 1994 and opened its Houston office in April 2013.
• It is a world leading designer and supplier of flange maintenance tools for the oil and gas, petrochemical, nuclear, water, mining and renewable energy sectors.
• The tools designed and manufactured by Equalizer International offer significant time and cost savings and make traditional flange maintenance working practices much safer.
• The company has designed and developed more than 20 flange maintenance tools. It has also developed a range of hydraulic and mechanical pumps and power lifting tools.
• Equalizer International’s tools are distributed globally to more than 40 countries and are used by many of the world’s biggest energy producers and contractors.
• Equalizer International is a past Scottish winner of the British Chambers of Commerce Outstanding Achievement in Internationalisation Award.
For further information please contact: Colin Gough, Global Sales and Marketing Manager, Equalizer International, Tel +44 1224 701970. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general media enquiries please contact: Kate Yuill on behalf of Equalizer International and Granite PR Tel: + 44 7850 736528. Email: email@example.com
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Granite PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Brett Jackson