August is France’s biggest summer celebration month of the year and with it comes fun, festivities and joie de vivre you can only get across the pond.
- Les Nuits Secrètes festival (Nord-Pas de Calais): From 2 to 4 August, the city of Aulnoye-Aymeries will host an unusual event: a music festival following a secret tour. Special coaches with blacked-out windows will take spectators to unexpected venues such as a castle, warehouse or swimming pool.
- Lake Festival (Rhône-Alpes): On 3 August, Albigny bay will welcome the biggest pyrotechnic show in Europe. For 70 minutes, Annecy’s magical surroundings will be lit up by fireworks to music. An event seen by thousands of spectators.
- Force basque festival (Aquitaine): From 6 to 20 August, the village of Sare in the Basque country will organise traditional entertainment and contests for the Force Basque Festival: tug-of-war, straw-bale lifting, and local dances, all following their ancestors’ customs.
- Les journeées Napoléoniennes d’Ajaccio (Corsica): From 13 to 15 August, the Napoleon 1st festivities will take place in Ajaccio: parades and shows with period costumes will celebrate his birthday anniversary.
- Feria de Béziers (Languedoc-Roussillon): From 14 to 18 August, Béziers will host its major event in the Languedoc-Roussillon region which gathers a million people every year. At the heart of its entertainment: the traditional Corridas in the arena.
- La Chaise Dieu (Auvergne): From 21 August to 1 September, this music festival will focus on sacred and classical music with works from Mozart and the post-Romantic composers. Some educational activities will amplify this event with workshops and conferences.
- Rencontres Musicales in Vezelay (Burgundy): From 22 to 25 August, this festival dedicated to the vocal arts will bring together some of the best European ensembles to perform sacred music in the beautiful setting of the Vezelay Basilica.
- Russian art festival (Cannes): From 23 to 27 August, Cannes will celebrate the relationship between Russia and France with varied entertainment representing the Russian culture: music, dance, arts of circus, paintings, gastronomy and cinema are some of them.
- Mont-Blanc Ultra Trail (Savoie): From 26 August to 1 September, The North Face Ultra-Trail will invite participants to experience an extraordinary adventure by joining one of its four races, including a circuit around Mont-Blanc.
- Les Rendez Vous de l’Erdre (Nantes): From 29 August to 1 September – a jazz festival is combined with a unique nautical gathering in France. It will welcome 110 concerts as well as 150 boats. Both new and established musicians will be on the programme, all for free!
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Tiffany Reed
Phone: 020 7061 6637