GLASGOW Taxis Ltd has released a Christmas safety video encouraging party-goers to have an enjoyable but safe festive season.
Shot and edited by student filmmaker, Ben Hunter, the video is backed by supporting messages from Police Scotland and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce.
Both tonight and Friday December 20 are anticipated as the most popular nights for Christmas office parties, the dates often referred to as ‘Black Friday’.
Glasgow Taxis Ltd will have its full fleet of around 900 vehicles with fully-disclosed drivers on the city’s streets across both weekends and says the traditional festive office party nights are its busiest time of the year.
The black taxi company, the biggest in Scotland and largest in the UK outside London, will provide extra staffing at the city’s four stewarded Nite Zone taxi ranks, also covered by CCTV.
These are located at Gordon Street, Sauchiehall Street, Albion Street and Byres Road and recommended as the best place for revelers to assemble for transport home at the end of their nights out.
There is a fifth Nite Zone at Langside Avenue over the Christmas period only.
Stephen Flynn, vice-chair of Glasgow Taxis Ltd, said: “The most important part of the Christmas period, with tens of thousands of people partying in the city, is that everyone gets home safely.
“The best advice we can offer those travelling home from the city centre late at night is to stick together in groups and use one of Glasgow’s four taxi Nite Zones, which are well-lit, staffed with marshals and monitored by CCTV.”
To book a Glasgow Taxi, the company responsible for more than two million fares already this year, the public can also contact 0141 429 7070 or download and use the Glasgow Taxis Ltd iPhone or Android apps.
Superintendent Alan Cunningham, from Police Scotland, added: “The festive period is an exciting and enjoyable time, but whether you are out socialising with friends, spending time with family or buying gifts, it’s absolutely vital that you think about your personal safety.”
Police Scotland has issued the following tips for the public to think about when out socialising over the festive period:
- Plan ahead for your night out. How are you getting home? Make sure your evening ends with you getting home safely.
- Use a licensed taxi, check when public transport finishes, or arrange a lift.
- Stay together – look out for friends. And don’t leave parties with strangers.
- Watch your drinks and how much you drink – never accept a drink from someone you are unsure of.
- Keep valuables with you at all times.
- Make sure your phone is charged, you have money to get home, and look after your house keys.
- If you need any help at all, please remember to visit the SOS Glasgow bus at Gordon St at the weekends, where the team will be happy to assist you.
Filmed by Ben Hunter, contactable at BHunter127@gmail.com
PRESS RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.