REDEEM Holdings Limited, a global leader in the recommerce, recycling, refurbishment and wholesale of electronic products, today announces the acquisition of Eazyfone Limited, trading as Envirofone.
The move cements Redeem’s position as the UK’s largest mobile recycling company, based on volume. The acquisition marries Envirofone’s strong consumer proposition with Redeem’s innovative processing platform to advance Redeem’s refurbishment capacity throughout Europe.
Claes Svensson, CEO of Redeem Holdings Limited, says: “The acquisition of Eazyfone will enhance our processing capacity and provide new sales channels in new markets across the world.
“The integration of Eazyfone into Redeem’s global operations will give customers more flexibility to realise the optimum value for their used handset.
“This move is a significant step forward for both businesses. Envirofone’s consumer platform has become a powerful and trusted brand over the past ten years and this is something we’ll look to develop throughout the entire group.
“This addition to Redeem’s portfolio improves our capability to deliver market-leading buy-back, trade-in, refurbishment and wholesale solutions for operators, retailers, corporates and consumers across Europe.”
In the UK alone, Envirofone’s consumer focus opens up an estimated £11 billion* direct-to-consumer market for Redeem, with around 124.5 million unused handsets thought to be languishing in British homes.
* according to a recent report in the Daily Telegraph.
Redeem now provides sustainable, data secure, recycling services to mobile network operators (MNOs), consumers, retailers and corporate clients across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas through offices in the UK, Estonia, Sweden, United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong.
ENDS (background information follows on Redeem and Eazyfone Limited)
ABOUT REDEEM: www.redeem.co.uk
- Redeem Holdings Ltd, founded in 1991, is an international environmental marketing services company.
- With over 200 employees in Scotland, England, Estonia, Stockholm, United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong, the group provides sustainable, data secure, recycling services to MNOs, retailers and corporate clients throughout Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
- Redeem’s international clients includes mobile network operators, wholesalers, retailers, charities and direct consumers.
- Redeem refurbishes and resells or recycles high volumes of a wide range of IT and electronic equipment including mobile phones, tablets, mp3 players, sat navs, digital cameras, consoles and laptop computers.
- All devices are reused or disposed of in accordance with the WEEE directive. Re-used items are security and theft checked, data cleansed and sold in accordance with current legislation.
- Redeem has certified ISO 9001 & 14001 compliance as a specialist waste carrier.
ABOUT EAZYFONE LIMITED
- Eazyfone Limited specialises in the collection, grading and responsible processing of handsets from European end-users for global redistribution.
- Eazyfone allows individual consumers, businesses and insurance companies to trade in old, unused or damaged phones for cash.
- Eazyfone re-sell quality handsets to wholesalers, retailers, businesses, insurance companies and consumers around the world.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by PHPR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Richard Mavers, Richard Mavers, head of marketing at Redeem