THE Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff, Scotland’s oldest-working distillery, today launched a new ‘Roving Drammolier’ service, claiming title to the world’s first female ‘Drammolier’, a professional whisky expert.
Despite its heritage, whisky has no specific term for a trained and knowledgeable whisky professional and, over the years, has relied on terms such as ‘expert’, ‘consultant’ or ‘ambassador’.
The team of Roving Drammoliers was announced at the UK’s biggest events and meetings industry event, Confex, which is held at the Olympia in London. Their role will be to travel to events all over the world, but the team will be based at The Famous Grouse Experience in Crieff, and headed up by The Famous Grouse’s global brand ambassador, Lucy Whitehall.
As part of the launch, Lucy profiled the Roving Drammolier service today on VisitScotland’s stand at Confex, demonstrating the service to the 7,000 visitors in attendance at the two day annual conference which is a firm fixture in the events industry diary.
Lucy commented: “This is a real honour for me, both as a whisky lover and as global brand ambassador for The Famous Grouse, one of the world’s most popular blended whiskies.
“We felt it was appropriate to claim the title and establish the notion that there is such a professional and that they have as much knowledge, expertise and passion as their cousins in wine and beer.”
The Roving Drammolier service will be available for corporate and in-house events from 1st April, and provides a unique whisky experience including nosing, tasting, food matching and education. And who better to deliver a whisky tasting to your guests than the experts themselves?
Travelling to guests’ homes, businesses or events, the Roving Drammolier will guide participants through an exclusive whisky tasting experience which includes the history of the drink, in-depth nosing and tasting to stimulate senses, as well as tutoring in how to discover the subtle aromas and flavours of whisky. The Drammolier may even be able to identify the potential talents of future master blenders amongst the group.
Lesley Williamson, business development manager for The Famous Grouse Experience, commented: “We are already receiving a number of enquiries for this service from major hotels and venues in the area, even before it had launched. Lucy and her team all have specially-designed uniforms, extensive expertise in whisky and, in particular, Edrington’s brand portfolio which includes; The Famous Grouse, The Glenturret, Macallan and Highland Park.
“We expect there to be considerable interest in the run up to major events like the Commonwealth Games and the forthcoming Ryder Cup 2014 where there will be strong demand for corporate entertainment options, as well as a desire to showcase Scotland’s core products to an international audience.”
Established in 1775, Glenturret Distillery is also home to The Famous Grouse Experience, the spiritual home of one of the country’s favourite Scottish blended whiskies, The Famous Grouse. Boasting a range of tours and whisky tasting experiences, as well as an award winning interactive show. The Roving Drammolier extends the natural reach of the Experience beyond the walls of the distillery.
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
About The Roving Drammolier Experience
Who better to deliver a whisky tasting to your guests than the experts themselves? Our Roving Drammolier will travel to your home, business or event and guide your party through an exclusive whisky tasting experience including:
- A presentation; the history of Scotch, blending and single malt production
- An in depth nosing and tasting of four carefully chosen whiskies to stimulate your senses
- Explore how to distinguish the many subtle flavours and aromas found within our specially selected range of premium whiskies
Scotland’s Favourites £20.00 per person
The Glenturret 10 Year Old – Highland Single Malt Whisky; The Macallan Fine Oak 10 Year Old – Speyside Single Malt Whisky; Highland Park 12 Year Old – Highland Single Malt Whisky; The Glenrothes 1998 – Speyside Single Malt Whisky
The Famous Family £20.00 per person
The Famous Grouse Gold Reserve – Premium Blended Scotch Whisky; The Naked Grouse – Premium Blended Scotch Whisky; The Black Grouse – Blended Scotch Whisky; The Famous Grouse 16 Year Old (Vic Lee) – Limited Edition Blended Scotch Whisky
Master Blenders Choice £30.00 per person
The Black Grouse Alpha Edition – Premium Blended Scotch Whisky; The Macallan Amber (1824 Series) – Speyside Single Malt Whisky; The Glenturret 18 Year old – Single Cask Edition Highland Single Malt Whisky; The Famous Grouse Celebration Decanter – Collectable Limited Edition Blended Scotch Whisky
We can also create a bespoke package based on a client’s own specific requirements. To book call 01764 656565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes two whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes five whisky tastes) and the Taste of Scotland Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with food). Tours start from £9.95. Children under-12 go free. The first tour is at 9.30am and last tour at 4.30pm.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565.
PRESS RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Contact: Tricia Fox