PETRASCO, an Aberdeen-based international freight forwarder which specialises in serving the energy industry, has made two senior appointments in Aberdeen and Dubai to support the company’s continuing development around the world.
Chris Milne joins the team in Aberdeen as general manager, commercial. His role will be to lead part of Petrasco’s UK growth through new sales development and by the introduction of new service systems which will benefit existing customers.
Prior to joining the company he worked for Swiss company TLC as commercial manager working primarily with clients in the UK, Benelux, Norway and West Africa.
“This is a very good time to join Petrasco because growing the UK business links in with a wider programme of international growth and worldwide service to our clients,” said Chris. “The energy sector in this region is enjoying strong activity and we are responding to increased demand for our services.”
Brian Milton takes on a new post as operations manager at Petrasco’s Dubai base where he will be responsible for managing the company’s forwarding activities with direct responsibility for operational service standards.
He was previously operations manager for Kuehne + Nagel in Aberdeen before moving to Abu Dhabi as the company’s Branch Manager with responsibility for various aspects of the business management.
“I’m very pleased to be back in a dedicated operations role, particularly with a company which is solely focussed on oil and gas logistics,” said Brian.
“Petrasco is known for delivering a dynamic and leading standard of service to the market place and this new position emphasises the company’s commitment to providing the best possible service for clients.”
MD Kevin Buchan said: “These are exciting times for Petrasco, with this being our 40th year in business, these two appointments are key to our plans to continue to build and reinforce our presence in the market place.
“Our focus is on ongoing business development in our current locations and growing the company in the other key energy hubs around the world.
“As always company growth will be based on maintaining our commitment to provide a focussed personal service for every client from a world class facility.”
NOTES TO EDITOR:
- Founded in 1974 in Aberdeen, Scotland, Petrasco is an international freight forwarder which specialises in serving the energy industry.
- It has bases in Aberdeen, Houston and Dubai. The Houston office opened in 1993 and the Dubai office opened in 2003.
- In addition to air, sea and road freight services, Petrasco offers specialist expertise in consultancy, expediting, export packing, offshore logistics, warehousing and distribution.
- The company currently employs 85 people across the three locations.
- It was bought by the Denholm Group in 1996. The Denholm Group is an international shipping, logistics, seafoods and oilfield services company which was founded in Greenock, Scotland, in 1866 as a Ship Agency. The Denholm Group is still owned by the Denholm family
- The Denholm Group has an annual turnover of £300m, employs more than 3000 people worldwide and has net assets of over £100m.
- As a member of The Denholm Group, Petrasco has access to the facilities of other companies in the group most notably through the UK, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Abu Dhabi
For further information please contact:
Kevin Buchan, MD Petrasco
T: + 971 50 453 8810
General enquiries can be directed to:
On behalf of Granite PR
T: 07850 736528
PRESS RELEASE issued by Granite PR. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Contact: Brett Jackson