THE Scotch Malt Whisky Society, an international whisky club with over 26,000 members around the world and branches in 19 countries, will be rolling out a barrel of a different kind this May, and toasting its Whisky Month celebrations with the official Homecoming Scotland beer crafted by Inveralmond Brewery in Perth.
Their ‘A Hauf ‘n’ Hauf’ events are part of a series of celebrations being hosted by one of the world’s most prestigious whisky societies during Whisky Month.
It may be the only celebration in the countrywide programme of whisky related events to officially profile Scottish beer on the menu.
The beer and whisky tasting events will take place on Saturday 10th and Friday 23rd May in Leith and Edinburgh respectively, and members of the society will be served up a hearty supper alongside the official Homecoming Scotland beer, crafted by Inveralmond Brewery.
Guests will also have the chance to taste Inveralmond’s Ossian, their bestselling Golden Ale, and Sunburst, a Bohemian Pilsner and the first of their Inspiration Series which launched earlier in April in a live YouTube broadcast attended online by some of the country’s most prolific beer bloggers and writers.
The Homecoming Scotland beer, which was revealed to the public in January, has already gained international recognition. Hollywood actor, Alan Cumming, posted a selfie with the beer, and the first cask was delivered to Edinburgh in January by Miss Scotland.
Fergus Clark, managing director of The Inveralmond Brewery, commented: “It’s a real honour to be involved in Whisky Month, and we’re feeling very special that our Homecoming Beer has been selected by such a well-respected organisation.
“To have created a selection of beers that are to be profiled at an event that is, essentially, a celebration of one of Scotland’s most famous products, whisky, is quite an achievement.
“Craft beer is a growing movement, and it’s testimony to the quality of our Homecoming Scotland beer that it has passed the test to be present at one of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s events.”
For more information on The Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s Whisky Month events, please visit www.smws.co.uk
For further information about The Inveralmond Brewery and for interviews please contact Tricia Fox on 07989 955039 or email@example.com
About Inveralmond Brewery
Opened on 14th May 1997, The Inveralmond Brewery is an expert craft brewer of a range of beers including Lia Fail, Ossian, Thrappledouser and Santa’s Swallie. Situated at the very heart of Scotland, in Perth, the Brewery nestles between the fabulous rolling hills of Perthshire, the mighty Grampian mountain range and is surrounded by crystal clear rivers, providing inspiration and nourishment for the beers it produces and exports around the globe.
For more information visit: www.inveralmond-brewery.co.uk
About The Scotch Malt Whisky Society:
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is an international whisky club and independent bottler which bottles the world’s widest selection of exceptional single cask whisky for its members
- The Society bottles the finest single cask whisky from around 350 single casks every year from a range of more than 132 distilleries. The very nature of the single cask means that each bottling offered by the Society is rare and limited
- The Society was established in Edinburgh in 1983 and now has over 26,000 members around the world with branches in 19 countries
- Members can choose from the world’s widest selection of single cask whiskies with only the very best selected and approved by the Society’s respected Tasting Panel
- Exclusive Members’ Rooms are located in Edinburgh, Leith and London for tastings, dinners, meetings and presentations
- Annual renewal after the first year is £59
- For more information and to sign up or to purchase gift membership to The Scotch Malt Whisky Society for £122, please visit www.smws.co.uk
About Homecoming 2014 and Whisky Month:
- Whisky Month will be a month-long, country-wide celebration of Scotland’s national drink during May 2014
- It will explore the subtle blend of stories, circumstances, provenance and generation after generation of skilled craftsmanship that make it the national drink – a drink that is as uniquely Scottish as the landscape and people that created it
- Whisky Month is a key part of the Homecoming Scotland 2014 programme of events
- The packed month of events will highlight the very best of Scotland’s food, drink and music, celebrated through festivals and events both large and small, taking place right across the country
- Scotland will welcome the world in the Year of Homecoming 2014- providing a year-long programme of events alongside the Ryder Cup and Commonwealth Games
- The Year of Homecoming Scotland will run from 31 December 2013 to 31 December 2014 throughout the length and breadth of the country
- Visitors from around the world are invited to join in a celebration of the nation’s food and drink, active pursuits, cultural heritage, nature and ancestral heritage
- Homecoming Scotland 2014 is a Scottish Government initiative being led by EventScotland and VisitScotland, supported by numerous partners
- To find out more visit www.homecomingscotland.com
PRESS RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.