LIVE at Eden Court, Inverness Fri 16 & Sat 17 May 2014
SADLER’S Wells’ critically-acclaimed international festival of hip hop dance theatre is back in the Highlands with high-energy performances from local crews and UK and international companies.
Now in its 11th year, this hugely popular Sadler’s Well’s production is hosted and curated by eminent UK hip hop theatre artist, Jonzi D, and co-hosted by DJ Tony Thrills.
This is the only event of its kind in the UK showcasing excellence in hip hop dance theatre and Eden Court is the only Scottish venue on the tour.
Alongside local crews:
* Butterscotch & Robbie Synge
* Cultured Mongrel Dance Theatre
* Jackin’ the Box
* Jonzi D & Ivan Blackstock
* TruUni Teen Crew
Breakin’ Convention brings some of the best international hip hop dance talent to Eden Court. The 2014 line-up includes Olivier Award-nominated ILL-Abilities, an international group changing misconceptions about disabilities: London’s Ukweli Roach, a highly skilled artist and founding member of BirdGang Dance Company; plus one of France’s leading hip hop companies, Wanted Posse.
As part of Breakin’ there will also be a host of FREE pre-show hip hop extras taking place in and around Eden Court including the chance to throw down some shapes on the open floor with DJ, Tony Thrills, drop-in spray art and tagging workshops with graffiti artist, Barry Neeson, plus live performances and showcases.
Breakin’ Convention will be at Eden Court on Fri 16 and Sat 17 May. Book your tickets now at www.eden-court.co.uk or by calling 01463 234 234.
For further information, interview requests or to arrange picture opportunities, please contact Eden Court Marketing Department / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01463 239 841
Notes to editors:
- Eden Court is the largest multi-arts venue in Scotland. It re-opened in November 2007 following an extensive redevelopment programme, which saw the addition of two purpose built cinemas, a brand new flexible second theatre space and two dance and education studios.
- Eden Court is the only theatre in Scotland to offer Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) courses in Drama and Dance. These are extracurricular courses, which offer pupils from across Highland the opportunity to study at Eden Court for an SQA Higher Dance, Drama or Intermediate 2 exams. Aside from Eden Court, there is only one school in the Highlands where pupils can sit SQA Higher Drama exams.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Eden Court Theatre & Cinema. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Contact: Teresa Bendoris