OVER 700 children from schools across Perthshire have come together today to help run one of Scotland’s biggest private estates.
The Atholl Estates in Highland Perthshire, which includes the ancient seat of the Murray Clan, Blair Castle, saw its whole range of forestry, farming, fishing, game-keeping and ranging run by 700 children.
The opportunity gave youngsters from around the county the opportunity to experience a whole range of different rural professions including sheep shearing, wall building, plant potting, tree climbing, as well as a race to see who the fastest tent builder would be.
Home to the award winning Horse Trials, and the recent Atholl Gathering, Blair Castle and Atholl Estates dates back to the 13th century and manages over 145,000 acres of rolling farmland and wild open hills.
Andrew Bruce Wooton, general manager, commented: “This is an unrivalled opportunity to give young people a real taste of Estate life and work, exposing them to the wonder of working on such magnificent landscapes and opening their eyes to the wide variety of career paths that work on a traditional Scottish Estate can offer.
“We are truly delighted to have been able to make this possible for over 700 children today and to introduce the next generation to the preservation and development of Scotland’s stunning landscape. Thanks to all the schools involved and to our fantastic staff.”
For more information please visit www.blair-castle.co.uk
Notes to editors:
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Atholl Estates
- Atholl Estates is located in Highland Perthshire with offices in Blair Atholl, the estate is centered around the famous landmark of Blair Castle.
- One of Scotland’s best-known estates, Atholl Estates dates back to the 13th century.
- Atholl Estates manages a range of operations in the tourism, events, forestry, farming, property and country sport sectors.
- Atholl Estates also have a range of Highland lodges and a caravan park on site.
- For more information please visit wwww.atholl-estates.com or call 01796 481411.
About Blair Castle
- Atholl Estates is centered around Blair Castle and gardens in Blair Atholl which are open to the public for day visitors, corporate events, functions and weddings.
- Blair Castle dates back to 1269 and has 30 rooms on display to the public.
- Blair Castle is open to the public from 1st April to 31st October and features a restaurant, gift shop and tours of the house and grounds.
- For more information please visit www.blair-castle.co.uk or call 01796 481411.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.