REDEEM Holdings Limited has extended its European base with the acquisition of two Madrid-based companies: Eco Mobile Green Centre SL (trading as Mobilepoint) and Insitu Moviles SL.
The acquisitions add repair and logistics capabilities to the Redeem Group whilst enhancing their existing mobile recycling and take-back management (recommerce) expertise.
Redeem is one of the UK’s largest mobile recycling companies and these acquisitions enable Redeem to roll out its innovative processing platform and refurbishment capacity throughout Europe.
The company now operates in 22 countries.
Claes Svensson, CEO of Redeem Group, says: “The acquisitions of Mobilepoint and Insitu Moviles take Redeem further into Europe, by building our recycling and repair capabilities and providing access to major contracts with Spanish mobile network operators and large corporates.
“Spain is a growing market for electronic devices. These latest acquisitions will allow us to give Spanish customers enhanced opportunities to trade up to the latest technology by obtaining the optimum value for their used devices.
“Mobilepoint and Insitu Moviles provide Redeem with the perfect platform to roll out new services into the Spanish market, allowing us to replicate the success we have achieved in other markets across Europe.”
Alfonso Gil, former owner of Mobilepoint and Insitu Moviles, says: “I am delighted that we are joining the Redeem family: the foremost mobile phone recommerce specialists in Europe.
“Their unique business model adds value to both mobile network operators and retailers – and their customers.
“The customers get top prices for traded-in mobile devices.
“The operators and retailers benefit from Redeem’s ability to extract the best value from the sales of the refurbished phones. We are looking forward to helping Redeem grow the business in Spain.”
Redeem Holdings Limited is a global leader in the provision of recommerce, recycling and refurbishment of mobile and electronic devices for mobile network operators (MNOs), retailers and corporates.
Redeem’s direct-to-consumer services are delivered through their recent acquisition: Eazyfone and its leading mobile consumer brand, Envirofone.
Corporate electronics recycling is handled through our sister company: emceurope.
Around 95 per cent of the traded-in devices Redeem handle are data-wiped, refurbished and resold.
The five per cent that cannot be restored are fully recycled, leading to zero waste going to landfill.
Redeem provides the data and certification to satisfy the WEEE Directive and high quality CSR programmes.
ENDS (background information follows)
ABOUT REDEEM: www.redeem.co.uk
- Redeem Holdings Ltd, founded in 1991, is headquartered in Scotland near Edinburgh Airport
- The company delivers international environmental marketing services that add significant value and remove the burden of administering large scale recycling and recommerce schemes.
- With over 300 employees the company now operates in 22 countries including XX (supply figure) countries in Europe. The group provides sustainable, data secure, recycling and recommerce services to MNOs, retailers and corporate clients throughout Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
- Earlier this year, Redeem acquired the high profile brand name: Envirofone when they bought its owner: Eazyfone. The move cements Redeem’s position as the UK’s largest mobile recycling company based on volume.
- The Redeem Group also includes the corporate electronics recycler, emceurope.
- Redeem is led by mobile industry veteran and Swedish national: Claes Svensson, CEO. He is the former head of a major business unit at SonyEricsson. He moved to Redeem in 2012.
- Redeem’s international clients includes mobile network operators, wholesalers, retailers, charities and direct consumers.
- Redeem refurbishes and resells or recycles high volumes of a wide range of IT and electronic equipment including mobile and other portable devices.
- All devices are reused or disposed of in accordance with the WEEE directive.
- Re-used items are security and theft checked, data cleansed and sold in accordance with current legislation.
- The company operates a zero landfill policy so all waste is resold or recycled.
- Redeem provide a full certified audit trail which clients can use to demonstrate their sustainable disposal process
- Redeem’s systems allow clients to benefit from extracting maximum value from their electronic waste
- Redeem can provide CSR reporting for clients that choose to give some or all of the money raised by recycling to good causes.
- Redeem is a certified ISO 9001 & 14001 specialist waste carrier.
- The company has won various awards for environmental performance and business performance, most notably appearing on the Sunday Times Fast Track list.
ABOUT Eco Mobile Green Centre SL (trading as Mobilepoint):
- Mobilepoint was created by Alfonso Gil in October 2008 to provide mobile phone operators with the expertise to be more creative about withdrawing obsolete equipment.
- Fully integrated with each operator’s systems and processes, providing flexible, tailored solutions. Proprietary technology allows Mobilepoint to manage the entire process, while allowing the operator a fully transparent view of each stage. Enables the operators to acquire and retain customers by offering competitive trade-in and trade-up solutions for their mobile devices
- Successfully competed for several projects in Spain and had as key partners: Orange, Vodafone, local operators such as Mundo R, Telecable, and manufactures such as Samsung, amongst others.
- MobilePoint was the first company in its category to obtain triple certification for its management systems: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001.
ABOUT Insitu Moviles SL:
- Insitu was created by Alfonso Gil in March 2011 to provide Vodafone with a repair service for Apple products.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by PHPR. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.