THE Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff, Perthshire, is gearing up to welcome hundreds of additional visitors over the next 17 days as the spiritual home to The Famous Grouse, Official Whisky Provider to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Over one million spectators, and 6,500 athletes and team officials are expected to attend the Games, over the coming weeks. Scotland’s tourism sector is expecting a surge in footfall as a result. With a clutch of world records of its own to show off, thousands hoping to see new world records set in Scotland can be guaranteed a record-breaking holiday snap at The Famous Grouse Experience with the world’s largest bottle of shisky or a statue of our distillery cat, Towser, the World’s Greatest Mouser.
Stuart Cassells, general manager of The Famous Grouse Experience, commented:
“I am very excited about our role in this historic event. The Famous Grouse is a proud sponsor of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, and Glenturret is not only Scotland’s oldest working distillery, offering visitors a unique whisky experience, but our hand produced rare and exceptional single malt is also a key ingredient in The Famous Grouse.
“I look forward to welcoming guests to our beautiful distillery from around the globe and sharing a traditional Scottish dram with them in toast of the inevitably inspirational athletic achievements of our great nations.”
Multi, award-winning tourism operator, Rabbie’s, are working with The Famous Grouse Experience to provide visitors to Glasgow daily tours leaving right from the heart of the city at 9am, straight to the door of the distillery, and back into the city that same day. At just £45 per person, the tour includes travel to and from Glasgow, a private tour of the distillery and lunch. VIP tours are also available for those visitors interested in learning how to blend their own whisky.
For further information on visiting The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery during the Commonwealth Games, and to book your tour, visit www.TheFamousGrouse.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes two whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes five whisky tastes) and the Chocolate Connoisseur Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with matching chocolates). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The first tour is at 9.30am and last tour at 4.30pm.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
- The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
- The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
- The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
- Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
- The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.
Contact: Tricia Fox