THE Famous Grouse may be cast in bronze, but he’s already picked up his first ‘gold medal’ in celebration of his role as Official Whisky Provider to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Standing tall at the entrance to Glenturret Distillery in Crieff, he now sports a tartan tammy designed for him by celebrity sporran-maker Marcus Eagleton, which has been fashioned out of the official Commonwealth Games tartan supplied by House of Edgar in Perth. Looking resplendent, if a little bit more sporty than usual, he is now ready to greet the thousands of visitors expected at The Famous Grouse Experience during the Games.
To assist visitors to the Games, the distillery has joined forces with multi award winning tourism operator Rabbie’s to provide visitors to Glasgow daily tours leaving right from the heart of the city at 9am, straight to their door, and back into the city that same day. At just £45 per person, the tour includes travel to and from Glasgow, a private tour of the distillery and lunch. VIP tours are also available for those visitors interested in learning how to blend their own whisky.
For further information on visiting The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery during the Commonwealth Games, and to book your tour, visit www.TheFamousGrouse.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes two whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes five whisky tastes) and the Chocolate Connoisseur Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with matching chocolates). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The first tour is at 9.30am and last tour at 4.30pm.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
- The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
- The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
- The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
- Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
- The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.