THE Famous Grouse Experience’s latest recruit, Peat the distillery mouser, has been getting into the spirit of the Commonwealth Games this week, sporting a fashionable new collar made from the official Commonwealth Games tartan.
Designed by celebrity sporran-maker Marcus Eagleton, and fashioned out of the official Commonwealth Games tartan supplied by House of Edgar, the collar is Peat’s first official collar having only arrived at the distillery a few weeks earlier.
Peat, the 12 week-old kitten, posed for the cameras while seeking approval of his new look from his predecessor Towser, the world record holding Greatest Mouser.
In passing, he also had a good sniff of the deluxe, single malt cask strength Glenturret whisky, bottled in 1986 and released specially for Glasgow 2014 by The Famous Grouse, Official Whisky Provider to the Games.
For further information on visiting The Famous Grouse Experience, or the official Commonwealth Games collectors’ edition commemorative bottle, visit www.TheFamousGrouse.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes two whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes five whisky tastes) and the Chocolate Connoisseur Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with matching chocolates). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The first tour is at 9.30am and last tour at 4.30pm.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
- The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
- The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
- The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
- Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
- The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.
Contact: Tricia Fox