PEAT, Glenturret Distillery’s Official Mouser, is rolling out the barrel this week in the hope his new found celebrity status will help his siblings and cousins also find suitable homes.
The furriest member of the visitor attraction team is hoping to follow in the paws of one of the world’s most famous distillery cats, Towser. He took up the much-coveted role of Official Mouser at The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in July.
Picked from a selection of ten kittens at a nearby Farm, the owners are hoping that some of Peat’s new-found celebrity will rub off on the rest of his feline family in the bid to find ‘furever’ homes for his siblings and cousins, of which nine remain.
Shona Stewart, owner of the farm, commented:
“We’ve been so pleased to see Peat settling into his new role at The Famous Grouse Experience and he seems to have caught the imagination of the local and, indeed, world press. I’m really hoping that we find good homes for his siblings and cousins, some of whom are similar in colouring to Peat, and are just as cute.”
Lesley Williamson, business development manager at The Famous Grouse Experience, commented:
“We’re delighted that Peat is able to lend a helping paw to find new homes for his feline family. We are sure that once it’s known there is a celebrity in the family, so to speak, that they’ll all be in great demand.”
Members of the public interested in viewing the kittens should contact Shona Stewart on 01764 682 221. Meanwhile, for those interested in how Peat’s getting on in the new job, his antics can now be followed on the social media platform, Twitter, under the twitter handle @PeattheCat.
-Ends- For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
About The Famous Grouse Experience
The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. Three tours are currently available: The Experience Tour (includes two whisky tastes), The Seasonal Tour (includes five whisky tastes) and the Taste of Scotland Tour (includes a private whisky tasting with food). Tours start from £10. Children under 12 go free. The first tour is at 9.30am and last tour at 4.30pm.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com or call 01764 656565
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com) •
The Famous Grouse is the No. 1 whisky in UK and No. 4 standard blended whisky worldwide (IWSR data 2012).
• The Famous Grouse has been the best-selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
• The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
• Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
• The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact: Tricia Fox