NEWSDESKS throughout Scotland – including those at local newspapers and national radio stations – are being invited to receive story idea alerts, in the shape of media releases posted on www.allmediascotland.com.
Various types of organisations – among them charities, PR agencies and educational institutions – post their media releases on allmediascotland.com, for several reasons…
* Firstly, to make their releases fully visible on at least one media platform;
* Second, to reach out to readers of allmediascotland.com, especially the site’s journalist readers; and
* Third, to be found easily by online search engines;
* Fourth, to be found via any one of several dedicated twitter feeds; and
* Fifth, to forward their release on to any number of different media newsdesks, both national and local.
If you are a newsdesk, all you need to do – to be on the receiving end of such alerts – is provide the following information:
* Your editorial email address, ideally in the form, news@ or editorial@;
* A very brief description of who you are; for example, Free weekly newspaper, publ Friday;
* The first two letters of your postcode, eg KY, as in Fife postcodes;
* Very brief guidance on any editorial deadline; for example, ‘constant’ or Monday 1700; and
* Details of any specialist editorial interests; for example, sport or food.
… and send the information to here.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by allmediascotland.com. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories.
Contact: Mike Wilson