FOUR firms of Highland solicitors are supporting Eden Court this February by not charging for writing or amending a will.
Instead, they will ask people to either make a donation or leave a gift in their will to the Highlands arts centre.
Anderson Shaw & Gilbert in Inverness, Mackenzie & Cormack in Tain, Georgesons in Wick & Thurso and Ferguson, MacSween & Stewart in Portree are all taking part, helping to raise much-needed funds for the theatre, which is a registered charity.
“We hope Eden Court’s Make a Will Month campaign will encourage people to think about their future wishes as well as supporting a really good cause,” said Gregor Barclay of Anderson Shaw & Gilbert.
“Making a will is the only way of ensuring those wishes are carried out and that your loved ones will inherit after you die. It is also a good opportunity to think about leaving a gift in your will to charity, which can help reduce your tax bill if your estate is liable for inheritance tax.”
According to Eden Court’s development manager, Alison Logsdail: “Eden Court relies on the support of individuals and business to be able to offer a year round arts and education programme for people across the Highlands. We would urge everybody to take advantage of this generous offer from our supporting solicitors and the chance to leave a gift that will make a real difference to the future of Eden Court and the arts you enjoy.”
To take part in the scheme, all you have to do is contact one of the participating solicitors quoting Eden Court Make a Will Month and arrange an appointment for February 2015.
Anderson Shaw & Gilbert
Gregor Barclay 01463 236123 Inverness firstname.lastname@example.org
Mackenzie & Cormack
Nigel Jones 01862 892046 Tain email@example.com
Bruce de Wert 01955 606060 Wick and Thurso
Ferguson, MacSween & Stewart
Sarah Farr 01478612991 Portree
Further information about leaving a legacy to Eden Court can be found at www.eden-court.co.uk or by contacting a member of the development team on 01463 239 841
For further information, interview requests or to arrange picture opportunities, please contact Eden Court Marketing Department / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01463 239 841
Notes to Editors
- The participating solicitors will ask for a donation to be made to Eden Court in lieu of their normal fee or that a gift is left in the will. A minimum donation may be requested according to their normal fees.
- If a will or an alteration is particularly complex then participating solicitors may advise any clients that there would be a fee charged.
- Eden Court is the only major performance venue in the Highlands and the largest multi-arts venue in Scotland, with two theatres, two cinemas and two education studios.
- Eden Court is one of the busiest theatres in Scotland with the highest per capita attendance of any UK theatre – in 2014 we attracted over 350,000 attendances from a city of 60,000 people and a region with a population of 200,000.
- Eden Court is the only theatre in Scotland to offer Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) courses in Drama and Dance. These are extracurricular courses, which offer pupils from across Highland the opportunity to study at Eden Court for an SQA Higher Dance, Drama or Intermediate 2 exams. Aside from Eden Court, there is only one school in the Highlands where pupils can sit SQA Higher Drama exams.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Eden Court Theatre and Cinema. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allFinancePR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Eden Court Theatre and Cinema contact details…