IT has been announced that The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff will go head-to-head with some of the world’s most famous visitor attractions in the Global Icons of Whisky Awards, the winners of which are expected to be announced in spring 2015.
The news follows celebrations, just prior to Christmas, naming them Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year at Whisky Magazine’s 2015 UK Icons of Whisky Awards. Now, having been selected as the top whisky visitor attraction in the UK from a shortlist of 20 other whisky visitor attractions, they now face an international judging team to see if they have what it takes to be the best in the world.
Last year The Famous Grouse Experience completed a £250,000 investment in its key visitor areas and café. The refurbishment programme, which was the first major upgrade to the facilities since 2007, was officially opened at the end of May by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, whose visit received international media coverage, projecting the visitor’s event facilities across the globe.
More recently the distillery has formed a commercial partnership with globally renowned chef, Andrew Hamer, former executive chef at Gleneagles Hotel. Andrew has opened a new contemporary restaurant at the distillery, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, offering visitors a world class culinary experience alongside the exceptional taste of the local Perthshire larder.
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience, said:
“We are passionate about developing a world class experience at Glenturret Distillery and to be shortlisted for the Global Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year is indicative of the exceptional attention to creating a memorable experience that our team delivers.
“As Scotland’s oldest working distillery, we are the only distillery in Scotland that still uses traditional methods of whisky production which not only makes us unique, but creates a very special experience for our visitors. This passion for quality, and our adherence to Scotland’s traditional crafts, is carried on throughout the Experience, from our informative tours to Andrew’s passion for food.”
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editor
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
- Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm). The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
About Wilde Thyme Catering and Party Design
- Established in 2003 as luxury caterer, Wilde Thyme is now one of Scotland’s leading catering and party design companies and is based at Cultybraggan near Comrie, Perthshire.
- Managing director, Andrew Hamer, is a former executive chef at Gleneagles where he developed his skills in international cuisine, and a member of the ‘Academy of Culinary Arts’.
- Wilde Thyme is a regular caterer and event company in prestigious venues such as National Galleries of Scotland, Inveraray Castle and Carlowrie Castle, Isle of Bute and is the exclusive caterer at Glamis Castle.
- Andrew has positioned the company to live by its ethos of ‘Delivering the exceptional restaurant experience to an event environment’.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allDrinkPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…