THE Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff has announced it is to hold an Open Casting Session on Thursday 26th February between 4pm and 6pm in a bid to find new members to join their cast of 2015.
It is led by former Red Hot Chilli Pipers founder and frontman, Stuart Cassells.
Stuart knows, first-hand that, as one of the most-visited distilleries in Scotland, Glenturret Distillery is judged on its performance by visitors each and every day.
Requesting auditonees to describe themselves for five minutes as a whisky of their choice, this novel approach to recruitment is driven by Stuart’s desire to set the visitor experience apart as one of Scotland’s exemplary visitor attractions.
“Our cast members are expected to deliver exceptional entertainment to the tens of thousands of visitors from across the globe who flock to Glenturret Distillery every day. This is not just about being good at customer service. This is about being famous. We are looking for talented people who can present confidently and bring the story of whisky to life, giving people a great time and lasting memories.”
The Distillery is offering cast members full training with world leading whisky knowledge, customer service skills befitting of the five-star award-winning visitor attraction as well as a range of other employment benefits.
The Famous Grouse Experience, a five-star visitor attraction in Crieff, was fully refurbished in 2014 and formally re-opened by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, in May last year. It was recently awarded UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine and is currently on the shortlist to be named Global Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
To find out more about the open casting session, visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
• Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
• Distillery Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, and a taste of two fine whiskies. £10 adult, £9 concession.
• Tasting Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of five fine whiskies and a souvenir nosing glass to keep. £20 Famous Tasting, £30 Finest Tasting, over-18s only.
• Warehouse Experience: (1.5 hours) Available daily. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a magical and exclusive visit to our warehouse where hundreds of sleeping casks in our very special warehouse. £40, over-18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Blending Experience: (two hours) Available daily. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a unique opportunity to master the art of blending your own whisky, complete with complimentary 100ml bottle and certificate. £60, over-18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Stillman Experience: (10-4pm) Available Tue, Wed, Thu. An exceptional experience with unrivalled access to the unique world of whisky production. Spend the day side by side with our Stillman and our Drammolier™, learn the art of blending, and toast one fine day with a dram from your complimentary bottle of The Glenturret Highland Single Malt. £250, over-18s only, Pre-booking essential.
About Wilde Thyme Catering and Party Design
• Established in 2003 as luxury caterer, Wilde Thyme is now one of Scotland’s leading catering and party design companies and is based at Cultybraggan near Comrie, Perthshire.
• Managing director, Andrew Hamer, is a former executive chef at Gleneagles where he developed his skills in international cuisine, and a member of the ‘Academy of Culinary Arts’.
• Wilde Thyme is a regular caterer and event company in prestigious venues such as National Galleries of Scotland, Inveraray Castle and Carlowrie Castle, Isle of Bute and is the exclusive caterer at Glamis Castle.
• Andrew has positioned the company to live by its ethos of ‘Delivering the exceptional restaurant experience to an event environment’.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allDrinkPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…