RECRUITMENT is underway for a new Waitrose store, which will open in Burnbrae, Glasgow Road, Milngavie in summer 2015.
The store, which will be the retailer’s seventh branch in Scotland, is recruiting for around 180 jobs and hopes that the majority of these will be filled from within the local community.
The jobs are a mix of full and part-time positions and include a variety of roles, such as wine, cheese, fish and meat specialists, checkout operators and administration assistants.
Each successful applicant will become a partner and share in the benefits of employee ownership within the John Lewis Partnership.
Partners have a say in how the business is run, enjoy a generous employee discount and receive a yearly bonus, which was 15 per cent of their annual salary in 2014.
Anyone interested in applying can find out more about the roles available and the application process by contacting their local Jobcentre or visiting the John Lewis Partnership’s website at www.jlpjobs.com. Waitrose does not accept speculative CVs.
Ellie Picken from Waitrose’s Resourcing team said: “We’re excited to be recruiting for around 180 new partners with a passion for retail and a commitment to offer excellent customer service. As co-owners of the business, we want to hear from individuals who will take pride in being a Partner and work hard.
“In return, we’re offering long-term, secure employment with fantastic training and career development opportunities.
“We have a range of full and part-time positions available with flexible shift-patterns to fit with existing schedules. This is a unique opportunity to share in the success of the business with excellent Partner benefits.”
The new Waitrose store is being built on West of Scotland Football Club’s grounds. The development is delivering a new all-weather pitch for the club. The new pitch, which is nearing completion, will provide first-class facilities that will also be available for community use.
For further information, please contact Sarah McDaid at Pagoda PR 0131 556 0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Waitrose in Milngavie will be the retailer’s seventh branch in Scotland. Waitrose currently has two branches in Edinburgh (Comely Bank and Morningside) and branches at Byres Road; Newton Mearns; Stirling and Helensburgh. Planning permission has been granted for a store in Ayr.
- Recruitment will also take place through the local Jobcentre.
- Waitrose will:
- offer local and regional producers and suppliers opportunities to supply the new store
- donate £1,000 every single month – £12,000 each year – to local charities and good causes nominated by local people through its ‘Community Matters’ scheme
- Donate 250 hours each year of Partners’ time to volunteering for local charities, projects and initiatives. Customers will be able to nominate their favourite good causes in store.
- Barr Construction is building the new Waitrose and all-weather pitch for West of Scotland Football Club (WoSFC)
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Pagoda PR. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Pagoda PR contact details…
Contact: Pagoda Public Relations