CELEBRATING Scotland’s Year of Food & Drink, The Famous Grouse Experience – based at Scotland’s oldest-working whisky distillery, Glenturret – has today announced the launch of a new range of visitor experiences designed to bring the process of whisky distilling to life.
As a departure from the more traditional distillery tour the new range of experiences, of which there are five, allow the visitor to build their knowledge of whisky over a period of time through tasting or blending, or launch right in to the full stillman experience.
The range of new experiences enables visitors to engage with whisky in new and innovative ways, giving them the opportunity to create their own unique blend, taste their way through the full range of Famous and Finest whiskies, and even to filling up the casks, ready for maturation.
The move comes in response to a growing interest in Scotland’s traditional drink, which has led to visitors looking for a more unique experience and a specialist understanding of the whisky distilling process.
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, said:
“More than ever, people are keen to understand where their food and drink comes from, and how it is made.
“We know that many of our visitors are truly passionate about whisky, and keen to learn more about the process and, with our expertise, we have developed a range of tours that will suit all tastes and budgets. Whether you are looking for a unique distillery tour, or a very special warehouse experience, or even the opportunity to work with our stillmen for a day, Glenturret is the only distillery in Scotland able to offer that truly authentic, traditional whisky making experience.
“In the Year of Food & Drink, the eyes of the world are on us and, as the only whisky distillery that distils by hand, as well as the spiritual home to The Famous Grouse – Scotland’s favourite blended whisky – it’s the ideal place to learn about the drink that made Scotland famous across the world.”
The Famous Grouse Experience, a five-star visitor attraction in Crieff, was fully refurbished in 2014 and formally re-opened by the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, in May last year.
It was recently awarded UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine and is currently on the shortlist to be named Global Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
It has recently announced the opening of a new café & restaurant on site, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, which will further complement the distillery’s food and drink offering in this Year of Food & Drink.
To find out more about The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
• Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
• Distillery Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, and a taste of two fine whiskies. £10 adult, £9 concession.
• Tasting Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of five fine whiskies and a souvenir nosing glass to keep. £20 Famous Tasting, £30 Finest Tasting, Over 18s only.
• Warehouse Experience: (one-and-a-half hours) Available daily. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a magical and exclusive visit to our warehouse where hundreds of sleeping casks in our very special warehouse. £40, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Blending Experience: (two hours) Available daily. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a unique opportunity to master the art of blending your own whisky, complete with complimentary 100ml bottle and certificate. £60, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Stillman Experience: (10-4pm) Available Tue, Wed, Thu. An exceptional experience with unrivalled access to the unique world of whisky production. Spend the day side by side with our Stillman and our Drammolier™, learn the art of blending, and toast one fine day with a dram from your complimentary bottle of The Glenturret Highland Single Malt. £250, Over 18s only, Pre-booking essential.
About Wilde Thyme Catering and Party Design
• Established in 2003 as luxury caterer, Wilde Thyme is now one of Scotland’s leading catering and party design companies and is based at Cultybraggan near Comrie, Perthshire.
• Managing director, Andrew Hamer is a former executive chef at Gleneagles where he developed his skills in international cuisine, and a member of the ‘Academy of Culinary Arts’.
• Wilde Thyme is a regular caterer and event company in prestigious venues such as National Galleries of Scotland, Inveraray Castle and Carlowrie Castle, Isle of Bute and is the exclusive caterer at Glamis Castle.
• Andrew has positioned the company to live by its ethos of ‘Delivering the exceptional restaurant experience to an event environment’.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allDrinkPR…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…