THE team at Glenturret Distillery, recognised as Scotland’s oldest-working distillery and home of The Famous Grouse Experience, have been getting into the spirit of Comic Relief by hosting an exclusive red-nosing and tasting masterclass on YouTube to raise money for this year’s charity appeal.
Dynamic duo, distillery general manager, Stuart Cassells, and Drammolier™ and resident whisky expert Lucy Whitehall, have shared their tasting notes on a very ‘unique’ blend in the online video, all to do something funny for money and encourage the public to dig deep while having a giggle in the process.
The video offers truly never-seen-before insight into the ‘nosing’ process with a brand new innovative blend, pioneered just for Red Nose Day, consisting of Krakatoa Foam and the finest Perthshire water.
The result? A fizzy blend of flavours with fruity notes and a creamy aroma. Perfect for some Comic Relief capers!
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, commented: “It has been good ‘Krak’, offering an alternative red-nosing and tasting masterclass through YouTube for Comic Relief and we hope members of the public will enjoy watching me and Lucy attempting to do something funny for money.
“This is for a fantastic cause and may even result in a new blend at the distillery. I can already see ‘The Famous Foam’ being a hit with visitors for Red Nose Day at least. Who nose, it might fly off the shelves…”
To view Stuart and Lucy’s ‘Krak’ing red-nosing masterclass, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1jD67-ZWZU&feature=youtu.be
If Stuart and Lucy’s blend with a difference made you smile, you can make a donation to Comic Relief by visiting http://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/tfge
To find out more about The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
- The distillery was fully refurbished in 2014 and was recently awarded UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine and is currently on the shortlist to be named Global Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
- It has recently announced the opening of a new café & restaurant on site, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, a partnership with award winning Comrie based luxury caterers Wilde Thyme offering the very best in locally-sourced Scottish produce and dishes that give diners an authentic and delicious taste of Perthshire.
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
- Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
- Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
- For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
- Distillery Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, and a taste of two fine whiskies. £10 adult, £9 concession.
- Tasting Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of five fine whiskies and a souvenir nosing glass to keep. £20 Famous Tasting, £30 Finest Tasting, Over 18s only.
- Warehouse Experience: (1½ hours) Available daily at 2.30pm. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a magical peek at hundreds of sleeping casks in our very special warehouse. £40, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
- Blending Experience: (two hours) Available daily at 2.30pm. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a tasting of four fine whiskies inside our exclusive bonded warehouse and a unique opportunity to master the art of blending your own whisky, complete with complimentary 100ml bottle and certificate. £60, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
- Stillman Experience: (10-4pm) Available Tue, Wed, Thu. Includes one exceptional experience with unrivalled access to the unique world of whisky production. Spend the day side by side with our Stillman and our Drammolier™, learn the art of blending, and toast one fine day with a dram from your complimentary bottle of The Glenturret Highland Single Malt. £250, Over 18s only, Pre-booking essential.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
And also twitter.com/allDrinkPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…