THE Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) has issued the final call for all outstanding applications, to be completed and submitted by students ahead of the 31 March 2015 deadline to ensure their needs for student funding, including tuition fees for the current academic year (2014-15) are met.
With less than two weeks until the final deadline it is estimated there are up to one thousand students, who may still have to apply for their student funding and risk receiving no funding support.
Chief executive, David Wallace, commented: “All students need to apply if they wish to receive financial support, including payment of their tuition fees, from SAAS. I urge all students who haven’t already done so to get their applications in now, before it’s too late.
“Funding for students is incredibly important and there are many students out there who may still be eligible.
“Which is why it is vital outstanding applications are completed accurately and by the 31 March deadline to ensure all funding is paid. We recommend students visit our website and complete their online applications or call our designated helpline for further assistance.”
Angela Constance, the Scottish Government’s Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning, said: “The Scottish Government is committed to ensuring our students receive the right level of funding to help them succeed in their academic careers. However, the importance of getting an accurate application form in on time cannot be understated and I would urge everyone to make the most of this opportunity.”
SAAS is responsible for giving financial support to over 150,000 Scottish students studying in higher education throughout the UK.
Students must visit www.saas.gov.uk by the 31 March 2015 and complete their online application or call the helpline on 0300 555 0505 if they have any questions or are having difficulties filling out their form.
For further information:
For further information please contact Laura Hutchinson or Linsay Moore at The BIG Partnership on 0131 557 5252 or by email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Student Awards Agency for Scotland
SAAS are an agency of the Scottish Government giving financial support to all eligible students doing a course of higher education in the UK.
Applications for 2015/16 opening in April – visit www.saas.gov.uk for updates.
What SAAS do:
- assess and pay financial support for living costs and tuition fees
- deal with the Students’ Allowances Scheme, the Postgraduate Students’ Allowances Scheme (PSAS), the Nursing and Midwifery Students Bursary Scheme (NMSB) and applications for student loans
- provide resources and data to the Student Loans Company for the payment of student loans
- distribute Discretionary Funds to Scottish colleges and universities;
- maintain a register of charities that offer educational endowments
- help learners through the Individual Learning Accounts Scotland (ILAS) scheme, which we administer with Skills Development Scotland
- work with the Scottish Government Health Directorate to develop and deliver NHS Bursaries targeted at specific groups (e.g. Dentistry students)
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Patnership. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
The BIG Partnership contact details…