THE Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff has firmly established its position as one of the world’s top whisky visitor attractions, finishing in the top three of the Global Icons of Whisky Awards for Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
The winner, Suntory Yamazaki Distillery in Japan, was announced at a glittering black tie event in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in London last night.
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience, was representing Scotland’s oldest-working distillery at the event and commented: “I was very proud to be representing The Famous Grouse Experience team at such a prestigious event, and I will take this moment now to congratulate them on helping us become one of the top three whisky visitor attractions in the world.
“We may have been pipped to the post for the top spot, but as a team we are passionate about developing a world class experience at Glenturret Distillery and to be shortlisted was a tremendous achievement.”
The Famous Grouse Experience still retains its title of UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year having been selected as the top attraction from a shortlist of 20 other whisky visitor attractions.
“Last year, The Famous Grouse Experience completed a £250,000 investment in its key visitor areas and café, the first major upgrade to the facilities since 2007.
“We were delighted to be officially opened at the end of May by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, which projected our fantastic facilities through the international media to an audience across the globe.
“Since then, we have seen visitor numbers steadily climb and we’re anticipating that 2015 will be a very successful year indeed.”
In January this year the distillery formed a commercial partnership with globally-renowned chef, Andrew Hamer, former executive chef at Gleneagles Hotel.
Andrew has opened a new contemporary restaurant at the distillery, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, offering visitors a world-class culinary experience alongside the exceptional taste of the local Perthshire larder.
The distillery and restaurant have since received a Taste our Best Award, building on Glenturret’s continued success.
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery was fully refurbished in 2014 and was recently awarded UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine.
• It has recently announced the opening of a new café & restaurant on site, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, a partnership with award-winning, Comrie-based luxury caterers Wilde Thyme offering the very best in locally sourced Scottish produce and dishes that give diners an authentic and delicious taste of Perthshire.
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
• Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
• Distillery Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, and a taste of two fine whiskies. £10 adult, £9 concession (seniors/students/under 18s).
• Tasting Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of five fine whiskies and a souvenir nosing glass to keep. £20 Famous Tasting, £30 Finest Tasting, Over 18s only.
• Warehouse Experience: (1½ hours) Available daily at 2.30pm. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a magical peek at hundreds of sleeping casks in our very special warehouse. £40, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Blending Experience: (two hours) Available daily at 2.30pm. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a tasting of four fine whiskies inside our exclusive bonded warehouse and a unique opportunity to master the art of blending your own whisky, complete with complimentary 100ml bottle and certificate. £60, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Stillman Experience: (10-4pm) Available Tue, Wed, Thu. Includes one exceptional experience with unrivalled access to the unique world of whisky production. Spend the day side by side with our Stillman and our Drammolier™, learn the art of blending, and toast one fine day with a dram from your complimentary bottle of The Glenturret Highland Single Malt. £250, Over 18s only, Pre-booking essential.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allDrinkPR…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…